More Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban news

IrishCal24

The Leaky Cauldron has posted a link to ComingSoon.Net's report, that production on PoA has started production. It looks to be an official press release with quotes from producer David Heyman, director Alfonso Cuaron as well as a photo of Cuaron and Radcliffe in front of the Knight Bus. Several rumored actors for various roles seem to be confirmed as well.

The only bothersome thing about the report is the lack of mentioning an actress being cast as Professor Trelawney. I'm beginning to fear that ocelot's suspicion was correct.

:)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news!!

hmm Some interesting characters have been casted for various, but when I layed my eyes on this one!!

Micheal Gambon as Albus Dumbledore :), how could they do that. Maybe this has been discussed before, I don't know. I have been out a long time, but nevertheless. I don't think he will be the nice professor as Richard Harris has been.

But Gary Oldman as Sirius Black..... Nice!!!

Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew hmm I don't know I nevver pictures Peter Pettigrew as this man.

KraMB - who is very curious for the new movie

Christopher Plummer as Dumbledore would have been great, IMHO...:)

They all look too angry, like a schoolteacher who really hates children. I think Dumbledore is not that kind of man.

KraMB - who thinks Richard Harris is the one and only Dumbledore

I think we can debate on whether or not many actors could make a great Dumbledore, but when we see this new Dumbledore in action is when we really can make a fair assessment.

~Harry

Christopher Plummer as Dumbledore would have been great, IMHO...:)

They all look too angry, like a schoolteacher who really hates children. I think Dumbledore is not that kind of man.

KraMB - who thinks Richard Harris is the one and only Dumbledore

somehow, no matter what you think, I don't believe that Richard Harris will be playing Dumbledore again.

who did the mock up of gambon? i think he looks fine as dumbledore.

and i'm very upset about trelawney, but i did think it through and they CAN do the movie without trelawney, just not GOF.

When did all this Trelawney speculation begin? I must have missed it. Anyway, omitting her would be absolutely ridiculous. I would be so angry at the filmmakers for this, if it actually happened. It would really take the cake as the most glaring omission in any the movies so far.

Ray Barnsbury

I think I started the speculation that she wasn't in this movie... I just haven't heard any casting or anyone even mentioning the part at all...

If someone told me that was Harris, I would believe it (before his passing, of course). Looks like a good casting choice, appearance wise at least.

Ray Barnsbury

I wonder if he will mimick Harris's way of talking' date=' or make it his own.[/quote']

No one can mimick Harris so he has to make his own style!!

If someone told me that was Harris' date=' I would believe it (before his passing, of course). Looks like a good casting choice, appearance wise at least.[/quote']

Well I have to disagree on that one Ray it is only one image and this has nicely been "photoshop" my compliments on that one!!! :mrgreen: but I don't think he will do it as friendly as Harris has done. His voice is too strict for this role in my opinion.

KraMB - who is this seeking for the best replacement of Richard Harris