John Williams joke on tonight's Simpsons

King Mark

Well,since nobodyposted this yet.

Flander go to the Sprinfield Pops with his new girlfriend.On the billboard it says:

John Williams conducts the music of Itchy and Scratchy.

We then get treated to a love theme style arrangement of the Itchy and Scratchy theme in the background as Flanders becomes passionate with his date,lol.

K.M.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a little theme played about 3 times in tonights episode that reminded me of Hansons 2nd Symphony, "The Romantic".

The Williams joke was very funny. Tonights episode was actually pretty strong. I enjoyed it.

Neil

Hmpf, I find the new ones funnier than the first few seasons.

Morn - Who is waiting for this episode to be out in cyberspace

The one that was on at 8:00pm was pretty lame, but the second one was pretty funny. But I definitely agree, it's not nearly as funny as it used to be. They're just kinda going for the whole "What the hell was that?" factor nowadays, ever since South Park came along. It's still funny but it's golden age is long past. Best seasons were like 3-9 or so. It all started to slowly go downhill during the whole "Who Shot Mr. Burns" debacle. Still funny but missing something somehow.

Anyhoo. The Williams joke was funny, the Simpsons uses Williams jokes quite a bit, he obviously has a fan in the writers.

That classical piece of music during the Flander's episode is Clair de Lune by Claude DeBussy, which was used in the recent Ocean's Eleven remake, and something else recent that I can't remember.

I suppose that is some what true. Futurama currently has the same "What the hell was that?" factor which makes for good humour with usually more clever jokes than the new Simpsons.

I've finally got around to watching Futurama just recently, and I have to say I think it's fantastic! I've never really watched The Simpsons much (though I have seen a lot more of that lately too) so I can't compare them both. I just love the animation techniques used in Futurama. The action sequences and detailed, external shots are breathtakingly complex with fantastic colouring, shading and texture, whilst still retaining that simplistic charm. And so many of the jokes are just pricless e.g. the background sign in the library: "Stephen King Collection A-Aardvark" totally cracked me up! LOL

CYPHER

I've finally seen the show as a mpeg. :| The music was unusually strong in this episode. And it was quite amusing. But Williams was too far away. :)