Full scores from Star Wars

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Offcourse if JoeinAr were here he would tell you that Luke and Leia is a cue that was not written for a film called Star Wars, from 1977, a film that only a few people here have actually seen, but a film called Return Of the Jedi, from 1983.

Stefancos- ROTFLMAO

I have a condensed score of Cantina Band, which means it's on 4-staves instead of each instrument on its own staff.

As far as Luke and Leia, I do not have a full score and I do not think one even exists BUT I would be willing to figure out the orchestration from the piano score if you would like.

There is an auction on eBay for the full orchestral score to ANH. I'd be damn surprised if it isn't in there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...1&category=1453

Yay. And I've reached my 100th irrational, non-interesting post!

Hurahh..... and the band starts to play as the horses come round.

There is an auction on eBay for the full orchestral score to ANH. I'd be damn surprised if it isn't in there.

Surprise surprise:

Star Wars (Main Theme)
  • Princess Leia's Theme
  • The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme)
  • Yoda's Theme
  • The Throne Room & End Title
      Marian - :music:
      ROTFLMAO Harpsichord Concerto (Michael Nyman)

Hello!

There are two kinds of orchestral material from the Star Wars movies:

1. The Hal Leonard John Williams Signature Edition:

- Symphonic Suite from Star Wars

- Symphonic Suite from The Phantom Menace

- Across The Stars from Attack Of The Clones

These scores can be bought in stores and via internet.

2. Boosey and Hawks publishes other musical material (featured on the Skywalker Symphony recording) but only for renting. That means if I want to play these pieces in a concert, I have to rent the conductor's score and the orchestral parts from Boosey and Hawks. This is because you can earn much more money by hiring the music than by selling.

Ulrich - who has the musical material of all five Star Wars movies LOL

Don't ask me how I did it ... (Is here a good copy shop nearby?)

ulrich_wuenschel@cinemusic.de

www.filmphilharmonie.de

(I'm the one who opened the topic)

for Stefancos: don't worry, I know very well that Luke and Leia was from ROTJ, I wrote Star Wars to be shorter! I would be very JW-ignorant if I didn't know such a thing! I know that score by memory!

for jsawruk: a 4-staves score of Cantina Band? Wow, could I ask you how and where did you find it? As for Luke and Leia, I also have the piano-score (it is a MUST-HAVE) and I will be able too to find approssimately the orchestrations, but I'd be interested in the "original thing", with His exact indications, for a matter of... philology!

(By the way, I already have got the Signature edition of SW as well as Harry Potter and the S.'s Stone and I'm receiving TPM in few days...)

ULRICH: Do you have the musical material of all the films??? All the complete scores? From Boosey and Hawkes? Could you tell me exactly how did you find them (where did you order them)? If you prefer, I will contact you via e-mail...