Limited Edition versions of the OSTs

Bilbo

Getting the Return of the King limited edition for Xmas. Are the other two worth tracking down? Completist reasons aside. Is there extended liner notes or anything? I'm getting RotK purely because of the DVD.

Yeah the RotK limited edition is the only one that has anything worthwhile added now that the CRs have been released.

Yeah, that was my thinking, I was just wondering if they'd have liner notes or something. Just wanted to see if there was anything related to these film scores that I didn't already have. Also getting Creating the Lord of the Rings Symphony DVD which I've heard is poor but it's 4.99 so I won't complain too much.

Yeah, that was my thinking, I was just wondering if they'd have liner notes or something. Just wanted to see if there was anything related to these film scores that I didn't already have. Also getting Creating the Lord of the Rings Symphony DVD which I've heard is poor but it's 4.99 so I won't complain too much.

The Creating the Lord of the Rings Symphony contains documentary footage and some background on the scores, short excerpts from the live performance and Howard Shore obviously reading from cue cards some info on the whole thing. It ain't half bad though. I got it along with my RotK EE collector's version back in 2004. Those were the days. And look at us now. With LotR CRs under our belt along with Doug's book. :)

I know. Every time I listen to the CRs I wonder how I made do with the OSTs for so long :lol:

I don't suppose anybody has a list of all the trailer music used for the 6 films? Most of it is rubbish but it'd be nice to have it all the same.

(Farewell To Lorien is just an edited down The Fighting Uruk-Hai).

Wrong! It's a unique album style track combining elements of both that track AND Gilraen's Memorial

(Farewell To Lorien is just an edited down The Fighting Uruk-Hai).

Wrong! It's a unique album style track combining elements of both that track AND Gilraen's Memorial

Ah, yeah, my bad. Still, nothing that isn't found on the FOTR CR!

I don't suppose anybody has a list of all the trailer music used for the 6 films? Most of it is rubbish but it'd be nice to have it all the same.

FOTR

TTT

ROTK

AUJ

DOS

BOFA

Thank you, for the second time today!