Dracula on TV (for Dutchies)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stefancos, wich one do you mean? The Fury Deluxe or the Original release? I have the original, with only 10 tracks, but I wouldn't decribed as mere crab. I think the LP was even shorter.

If you talk about the sound thats being crap then also would like to know.

In other words, what is it that you don't like about it?

----------------

Alex Cremers

I taped the movie when it aired some years ago in Spain . . .But I couldn't gather the interest to sit and watch it so I just taped over it (I think it was Gladiator, or a Bruce Springsteen special from last fall).

I have the CD though. It's right there waiting to be played again after three years.

Stefancos,

My mistake!

Ah, Dracula and The Fury, I always mix them up. They are written in the same period too. Both are released by Varese. And both covers have similar aspects.

And I'm looking for an excuse for screwing up big time. Sorry for the

blunder.

----------------

Alex Cremers

But I couldn't gather the interest to sit and watch it so I just taped over it  

How dare you!

I thought the movie was quite alright, especially if you consider it was coming from the director whose previous movie credits included Saturday Night Fever :)

Ofcourse it was nowhere near the classic 1931 version starring the ultimate Dracula; Bela Lugosi.

Langella does an admirable job as the bloodsucking Count, giving him more arrogance and sex-appeal. Very different from the bad guys he has played since in CutThroat Island, DS9 and those Reitman comedies.

And I was impressed by Sir Olivier's attempt at the Dutch language.

The score, needless to say, was excellent

Oskar - who would buy an expanded/remasterd CD immediately.

Yeah, Langella was good, he has always been a very dependable, underrated actor.

But personally i preferred Coppola's version, with Antony Hopkins brilliantly chewing the fat and not coming anywere close to sounding Dutch.

Yes, the film is all style over substance...but what a style.

Stefancos- who also prefers Kilar's Dracula effort over Williams'.