Jason's Breakout - how was it made?

Pelzter

I created a seperate post to get everyone's attention... Jason's Breakout, how was that composer? Don't tell me it was all done on the computer, because that would be too good to be true...

--Pelzter.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was done in computer, using samples of real musicians, in numerous playing styles. It is not easy at all to get this quality. You may want to check these sites:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3.html

http://www.nemesysmusic.com/

http://www.melomaniac.dk/

I hope Simon Ravn could explain which libraries he used. :music:

Peltzer: Yep it was done on computers - 4 of them actually. 1 running the MIDI sequencer as well as some of the percussion. 3 others running GigaStudio with samples from various sample libraries including SAM Horns, SAM trombones, Dan Dean Brass Ensembles, Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings, Vienna Symphonic Library, Voices of the Apocalypse, G-Town percussion and Ultimate Orchestral Percussion. The synth parts were done using a Novation Supernova.

I need to hire someone to do my mock ups. I suck with that part of it :music:

Four pc's, that makes a lot of noise, right Simon? How do you deal with that? Do you have a special room where you stack them? Or are you surrounded by fan noise?

----------------

Alex Cremers

Maybe he just uses water cooling. :music: There are many things you can do to make a computer quiet, but I'm sure it's easier to put them in a spare room.

Peltzer: Yep it was done on computers - 4 of them actually. 1 running the MIDI sequencer as well as some of the percussion. 3 others running GigaStudio with samples from various sample libraries including SAM Horns, SAM trombones, Dan Dean Brass Ensembles, Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings, Vienna Symphonic Library, Voices of the Apocalypse, G-Town percussion and Ultimate Orchestral Percussion. The synth parts were done using a Novation Supernova.

I'm salivating :music: Getting all those libraries.... The most amazing that showed up in the cue where the SAM Horns and trombones.

Charles: Yeah SAM bones are amazing - the horns are mostly DDBE though... As for the noise.. I put all the GigaStudio PC's in the next room so I don't hear them, also they mostly use Seagate Barracuda IV harddrives which are really silent and gfx cards with passive coolers etc. As for the cost of this - I have no idea, but $10k wouldnt do it. It's been investments done over many years.

Hmm, do you use the midi sequencer PC for general tasks like web browsing and gaming then (ie, proper graphics card, not some slow passive one)? And did you neglect the CPU fan? Often the loudest part of the PC.

Morn: I don't play many games - the only one installed here is Unreal Tournament. But yes I use the sequencer PC for that and other things too. I use Silent Viking for most of my PC's and that isnt too noisy. I have an MSI GF4 TI4400 as gfx card in the sequencer PC - a gfx card which has a really noisy fan, but I have added a Zalman Fanmate and turned down the rpm to the lowest possible and it's running without any problems.

Morn: I don't play many games - the only one installed here is Unreal Tournament. But yes I use the sequencer PC for that and other things too. I use Silent Viking for most of my PC's and that isnt too noisy. I have an MSI GF4 TI4400 as gfx card in the sequencer PC - a gfx card which has a really noisy fan, but I have added a Zalman Fanmate and turned down the rpm to the lowest possible and it's running without any problems.

Are you a Cubase user of Logic? Or Sonar for that matter? Just curious. I switch between Logic and Sonar myself. Sonar incorporates Acid loops so well it just makes life a whole lot easier when working with them. But nothing touches Logic''s intuitive notation editor in my opinion so i use that mostly when sketching out orchestral pieces.