STEAL!!! or is it?

Juk

Has anyone seen the stupid film called ''Clubhouse detectives in Big Truble'? It was made in 2002 and it has A LOT of Harry Potter music in it. Themes such as ''Hedwigs theme'' ''norbert the norwiegen ridge back'' and others too!

I looked on the credits and there was no mention of John Williams!

Whats going on? Are people aware of this!!?

Also, the music doesn't suit the film at all, it's Harry Potter's music!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a TV-film or did you see it in cinema? If it was a very small production, it could be that they "stole" the music from JW. But if it was a bigger production, I think they surely asked JW before putting his HP soundtrack into their movie.

The film can be seen on Sky Movie channels. There is no cast/credits on IMDB.com which is a little odd.

I just turned the channel over this afternoon and the film was on, then I reconised the music in it. I was really shocked to be honest. Even my brother 'Juk' was shocked, too.

It seems stupid to use music that was especially made for another film.

It seems stupid to use music that was especially made for another film.

Well, sometimes the music can really fit well. If the adaptor has feeling for it, I can't see any trouble with it.

But if it was a bigger production, I think they surely asked JW before putting his HP soundtrack into their movie.

I doubt they'd have to ask Williams, or that he could do much anyway. They'd rather have to ask Warner Bros.

Some old Jackie Chan movies have music from Superman The Fury and Raiders. Its hilarious. They never use the themes though, just texture parts. Like Well of the Souls. I think Fearless Hyena 1 is one of them. Or maybe it's 2. Whichever one the uncle dies.