2 Fast 2 Furious

Bruce Almighty

The Italian Job

Rugrats Go Wild

Alex and Emma

Hollywood Homicide

Dumb and Dumberer

The Matrix Reloaded

*My Vote is going for the Hulk. This is a great Danny Elfman score. It showed me a side of Danny I didn't know existed.

Now with all this said, what do the people think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*My Vote is going for the Hulk. This is a great Danny Elfman score. It showed me a side of Danny I didn't know existed.  

Now with all this said, what do the people think?

it sounds like Planet of the Apes and Spiderman.

K.M.

K.M.

Exactly what I thought. I could'nt see 'Hulk' yet, but I wonder what are these 'arabian' sounds stand for?

M

T. Newman did a great job for Nemo and Debney did a great job (for a comedy) on Bruce. I didn't really like Davis' or Elfman's, so IMO Nemo takes the pot this week.

There was one scene in Matrix 2 that had very good music. The scene where they talk to the guy who talks alot about chocolate. It was very golden-age suspense/conversation scoring. Other than that it wasn't good. Did anyone notice the clone fight cue in that? It had a sortof 80's action TV show style, ie Riptide, Ateam and Spencer for hire? Other than that, Danny E is still doing ok, but I wouldn't listen to any Hulk music on CD.

K.M.

Exactly what I thought. I could'nt see 'Hulk' yet, but I wonder what are these 'arabian' sounds stand for?

there's an ethnic sounding chorus making sounds to make the music sonud "primitive" or something,like the music for "Survivor"

I'll take the Hulk over Finding Nemo or anything else thus far this summer. I like Newman's music in the film but it doesn't speak to me the same way his music for Road tro Perdition did. I am surprised I'm so infatuated with Elfman's Hulk because I wouldn't consider myself a large fan of his. Ever since the mid-'90's I grew disinterested in his music save for the MIB theme. I'm not sure why he elected to leave his more lyrical flowing style behind (i.e. Edward Scissorhands, Batman to an extent) but I have been pleasantly surprised at how well his music for The Hulk transcends the film's narrative and is enjoyable to listen to on its own. As I've said in other posts, I prefer Hulk to Spiderman. The 6 note motif that Elfman uses throughout the score just has that perfect simplicity to it but the way he dresses it up depending on the scene makes it endlessly fascinating. I wasn't crazy about his Opening Credits music initially but now I like it as much as anything he's ever written. NOTE- I'm not making proclamations here: I'm simply stating MY preferences..so before someone goes off half-cocked, remember, these are just my opinions.

I don't even know what I'm looking forward to music-wise for the rest of the summer. Charlies Angels? HELL NO! Actually, I'd like to hear Goldenthal's SWAT although I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach sitting through that movie- looks quite vacuous, like the short lived t.v. show I had to endure as a child from the '70's (I'm old).

You grew disenchanted with Elfman in the mid 90s? He wrote Black Beauty, one of his very best scores in 95!

Morlock- Who wishes more people would hear and appritiate this enchanting and heartbreaking score.