A Lesson in Olympic Fanfare and Theme

I recently found this page will browsing aimlessly on the internet :blush:

I don´t if there´s a link in this website, or anyone from here created the page, if not check it out:

A Lesson in Olympic Fanfare and Theme by John Williams

;) Willimas Olympic Fanfare and Theme

U.S. Army Herald Trumpets

National Symphony Orchestra

John Willimas

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the trumpeters of the National Symphony need a lesson in Olympic Fanfare!

Uh-oh I'm intruding!

I just found this site a couple days ago, and I like it a lot.

Is there room for two Ted's? ;)

Uh-oh I'm intruding!  

I just found this site a couple days ago, and I like it a lot.

Is there room for two Ted's?  ;)

I was only kidding, maybe this Board will be big enough for the two of us. Welcome to the Board!

Ted

Ahem, anyways, getting back to the original topic, the site says an album of the 1984 Olympics was released, and it contains a recording of the Olympic Fanfare, so this means there´s a pre-Boston Pops recording, I´d like to have it, I wonder if it´s available somewhere.

Olymp%2084%20music.jpg

;) Goldsmith Music for Orchestra

London Symphony Orchestra

Jerry Goldsmith

Funny this topic should be brought up. While doing some "antique" shopping, my wife and I visited a few thrift stores. And guess what I found?....this very album. The only downfall is, it is an actual LP record..and I don't have the equipment to do a transfer. But yes..it exists, but I don't think it has ever been released on CD.

Jamesyboy - who also found The Fury on LP...just had to buy it! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hector, is there really a need for you to keep deleting your old post and then re-posting the exact same thing to just bump up the thread?

Isn't it possible that "Jamesyboy" doesn't have a turntable right now, and that he is sending the album to someone who has the capability to transfer it to CD? Isn't it also possible that he doesn't frequent the board as much as some of us? All in good time we'll know.

Neil

This album was also released on cassette in the States (with a different cover) and on a RARE CD in Japan. The performance is pretty solid, but it sounds as if a smaller ensemble was utilized than in the other recorded performances of the fanfare.

On a personal note, this collection is a guilty pleasure, full of ultra 80s pop songs. Some of the intrumental highlights include Quincy Jones' gymnastics theme (later redone as a vocal with Barry White on Jones' "Jook Joint" release) and Bill Conti's power sports theme (an obvious precursor to his "American Gladiators" theme).

Hector, is there really a need for you to keep deleting your old post and then re-posting the exact same thing to just bump up the thread?

Isn't it possible that "Jamesyboy" doesn't have a turntable right now, and that he is sending the album to someone who has the capability to transfer it to CD?  Isn't it also possible that he doesn't frequent the board as much as some of us?  All in good time we'll know.

Neil

*sigh* Here we go again... I don´t know how people go about and check their messages, I´m guessing most who are here all the time just read the top ten or so threads, the ones that don´t come as often might browse through the first page. I was going to be away for two days, and if someone who might have an answer could reply they would see the thread in the first page. There´s a lot of topics that have been discussed, and people keep creating new thread of what was discussed before. Of course not all of us read all threads (I know I don´t), but people who have been here for a while might now where they are. Anyways, I got a wee bit off topic... as long as I did not call someone a mother trucker why do I have to ******* explain everything I do or say Dog gone it

censored