League of Extraordianry Gentleman. Download only

stewdog1

Hey all,

Did anyone see where The League of Extraordinary Gentleman's soundtrack is being released over Apple's music store only? No CD is being pressed. I've included the link below.

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/07/07/lxg/

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I haven't had a chance to yet, hopefully this weekend. Can anybody comment on the score by Trevor Jones?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be released on CD in Europe, and people in the US can order it via Varese Sarabande's website, so clearly CD's were pressed.

This topic has been discussed before, BTW.

Stefancos- who's never paid for downloading music in his life, and is not about to start.

I'll start paying for music downloads when they give me a high-quality printer plus high quality paper and labels for free, and some super broadband connection so I can download the whole CD uncompressed in 10 minutes max.

Marian - not sure they'd do that.

It's too bad to hear that there's people who still defiantly DL music without paying for it while hard working song writers and musicians lose out. How do you justify this?

I justify this because of the fact that i own and BOUGHT many hundreds of artificially overpriced CD's in my life, and will continue to do so.

The number of legit CD's I own vastly outnumbers the CR's i got in trades, bootlegs or MP3's.

Stefancos- who thinks it's ridiculous that score CD's are often as expensive as the DVD of the film they were composed for.

It is indeed sad that you own a movie that cost $80 million to make for $16.00 to $18.00 that is loaded with extras and maybe grossed enough to earn a profit but yet 60 minutes of music costs that much or more depending on where you shop.

At this point I'd like to highlight the humourous parallel that British posters may find when comparing this film to 'The Leauge of Gentlemen'.

• 3 weeks later...

Pay for online music, that's a funny concept, well they should try inbuilt adverts and high bit rates instead, it works for radio.