They´re watching you... stop illegal sharing

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fossman how went your surgery?

Have had the time to submit a theme for the competition?

MSM

This idea is a desperate attempt for the RIAA to recoup some of the many funds that they've lost recently. There solution is to sue the filesharers, many of which could be 10, 11, and 12, and sue them for about 160,000-180,000 dollars per song. Well that's whats been put on the news anyway. This is perhaps one of the worse ideas I've ever heard, but it will get results. Numerous companies (such as Apple) have came out and and opened a pay version of file-sharing programs. In all honesty, who would pay 99 cents a song when they could have it free? its not much, but still, free is better. Now instead of targeting the one's who download songs, why don't they target the one's who put it there in the first place? Wouldn't this be a better solution then targeting everyone.

*I also want to know, who agrees with what the RIAA is doing?

Hitman20 out.

Hey Fossman how went your surgery?

Have had the time to submit a theme for the competition?

MSM

Uugh... long story...

Basically I couldn't take the surgery due to a two week long inspection at work that my boss said he absolutely needed me for. So, now my surgery is scheduled for the 8thof August. For the last while I've been working roughly 12 to 14 hour days and so have had absolutely no energy to write music aside from the stuff I have to write for class. Sorry about that. If we hold another competition say in a couple months I should be more than capable of participating... I'll be out of the Air Force by then and going to school full-time.

They can't win, they can't sue everyone. The only thing they'll do is ruin a few lives. They have to join them, find away of providing online music free while they can make a profit, it's not very hard to do at all.

Of course the RIAA won't admit to it but some people seem to think another reason sales are declining is due to the fact that CDs are over priced, a majority of the artists now are one hit wonders and alot of groups have one or two good songs on their cds and the rest are crap.

There was an article last year in the USA Today that pointed those 3 things out.

Modern music has simply become too commericial, and that is the fault of the RIAA and the record companies... do you believe they choose music according to how generic it is, that is how much is sounds like other music that made money.