JW Style, On Screen Hit Point Marker

GRIGA01

Hey Guys,

I was wondering, does anyone know how to create, find etc, the way JW shows his tempo sync markers on the screen when he's scoring films? You know....the lines that move across the film that hit the edge of the screen exactly when the hit point should occur.

If anyone knows, please do share, as i cant find out from anywhere online how to do this?????

Here's a 10-year old video in which the poster talks about creating streamers and punches using Vegas non-linear video editing software (I presume a similar process can be used in Premiere Pro, FCP, and other non-linear video editing software):

Studio 53 also has a Mac program named "Streamers", but this may be for real-time overlay and not for "burn-in" onto a video file: https://figure53.github.io/studio/

Digital Performer is a DAW which allows you to add streamers and punches to an imported video file, but I'm not sure whether it allows you to export that video file with the streamers and punches added.

EDIT: there used to be some issues, as discussed here, but there does seem to be a way to export the video file with the streamers and punches added to it.

• 9 months later...

I get what you're asking about JW's tempo sync markers – they add such a cool dynamic to film scoring. You can use video editing software like Movavi, Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro to achieve those synced markers. Create a new project, import your video, and then add keyframes to the timeline to match the hit points. I usually go for Movavi since it's less complicated and has all the features in one app. It might take a bit of practice, but with some patience, you'll get those markers just right.

I've done in manually before when I first discovered them.

Just used a click track and then manually animated them in Adobe Premiere. LOL.

Not a proper or professional way to do, but it worked.