Hilary and the LSO

MSM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahn needs to get a better photographer.

How about me? :)

hilary_hamburg_small.jpg

BTW, she's 24 by now if I recall correctly.

Chris!

That's a very nice pic!! I still owe you the one I made at her concert...but still haven't scanned...no time so far bowdown Did you receive my e-mails?

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't go as far to say that she is as well known as Yo-Yo Ma, but possibly Itzhak....it seems like EVERYONE knows who Yo-Yo Ma is, even if they know nothing about his music OR classical music.  I'd say he is on top of the classical world right now.

Anyone who heard Tan Dun's score for Hero yet? It should contain solo's (by Ma) like in Crouching Tiger but this time with Itzhak Perlman.

Ok, I looked up this cd and they dont even sell it through amazon.com...it is Itzhak Perlman as solo, MSM was making the comparison on how Yo-Yo Ma was the soloist on CTHD and Itzhak is the soloist here.

Ok, I looked up this cd and they dont even sell it through amazon.com...it is Itzhak Perlman as solo, MSM was making the comparison on how Yo-Yo Ma was the soloist on CTHD and Itzhak is the soloist here.

Right that was what I meant :) Shall it maybe be released shortly?

I doubt it, I found the movie on amazon.com and I think it said it came out in 2001, so maybe it just never had a US realease...o well...............