Schindler's List on DVD March 9

Mr. Breathmask

The Collector's Edition will include the single-disc release plus an 80-page hardcover book, the soundtrack CD, a senitype cell and a collector's certificate of authenticity.

according to IGN the Collectors Edition will cost around 80 usd, which is a lot imo. However, it looks good :mrgreen:

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/schindlerset.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't think the atmosphere was fake at all, and you and Joe are the first people I actually know something about that would call the end nothing more than schmaltz.

Well the gas chamber scene was indeed good.

And Joe, I found SPR very impressive for it's display of horror of war and the fighting itself, although the plot was weak and the final battle silly (they fought better than John Wayne and the germans fought like retards).

The scene where the women and children are sent to Auschwitz- to me that was terrifying, and very real. He used the look of the camp to evoke pure horror- but that's what it was. And despite having gothic horror scenes- neither Red Dragon nor Hannibal were the least bit scary.

Few films are scary anyway.... The best show fear through character drama, and that means more than just some character expressions, film mood tricks and gothic horror scenes but despairing dialogue and good acting that lets you relate to a character rather than trying to just convey moods which I don't find effective.

The Pianist wasn't optimistic- it spoke of a single hero who survived, and not because of his persistance, but because of luck and because of connections. Schindler's List told about one man, who had absolutely no reason to save 1100 people, other than the fact that they were human beings. And he was liar, conman, cheated on his wife and was selfish. That is optimism for human kind- not half a dozen people helping one other person who they know or know someone that knows him.

I think that the compassion shown by the German soldier was just as hopeful image, as was the regriet the jew later felt for mocking the germans. I liked that the Piano showed everyone as people, not as germans or jews, that there were bad jews and bad germans. And that compassion is important and there is hope for it.

...and don't mind Morn... he's just repeating what some professor told him to think...

You're always repeating what some incompetent crackpot said.