• Magic
    • Prisoner of Azkaban Suite
    • The Second Task
    • Doby The Elf

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next competition will probably be a short movie sequence (e.g. an action sequence like some SW chase) to which a musical score has to be written. We'll only need someone who can make such a short clip, with dialogue and sound effects but with the music removed.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, how about the Asteroid Field sequence from Empire Strikes Back? Is there anyone who can take that sequence out and remove the music?

MSM- who thinks we have to wait for the dvd release to make this possible.

I would suggest an original scene that most of us wouldn't have seen or heard. It's just that I would certainly be influenced by Williams in that scene, for instance if I wrote my own Imperial March it would appear in the same place as Williams' did. If I'd never seen or heard it before it's more open to interpretation, as the scene would be taken out of context.

Just a suggestion, though!

ARGH! Sorry folks, somehow this slipped through my fingers a few months back. Hopefully I haven't missed the boat entirely!

Nicola, of course I would be interested in getting you a score and some parts - I'm sorry I didn't catch your post on the message board earlier. Hopefully it wasn't for a specific concert that has passed by? Or maybe you just wnated it for personal analysis?

Jesse - I'm interested in your offer, but of course we'd have to see if Nicola is still interested at all.

Still kicking myself here...

Jason

My brother has just finished university with a degree in computer animation. I could ask him to knock up a small film for the next competition.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a short animated film?