Greetings from Vienna

Hey there,

For the past week I've been away on holiday to Vienna. It's been all right here - although the weather could have been better - and there's loads to see here. The Prater was fun, and there're all kind of huge buildings here. I'll have to find me a copy of The Third Man somewhere when I get back (we found a cinema where the showed the picture, but we were just too late to catch a showing). I guess The Living Daylights will have to do when I get back home.

Since I've had enough culture for this vacation, I'll soon be off to the Stubaier Alps to go climbing for a week. Looking forward to that.

As for soundtracks - I didn't get any Williams, but I got me my first Pouledoris (sp?) score. They didn't have Conan unfortunately, but I got me the album from The Hunt for Red October, which I think is pretty cool as well. Pity it's only a disappointing 30 minutes long.

I also got Harry Griegson-Williams's Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, which is friggin' awesome! Best album I've got in a long time. I must check out the film sometime.

Anyhoo, that's all I've got for now. Just popped over to see how things were. Hope you guys are all having fun. :mrgreen:

See you all in a week or so.

- Marc, going crazy on this silly Germanized keyboard (z and y are switched, and the punctuation is all over the place!). Crazy Germans. :)

Bye.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone :angry:

It's been a long time since I've posted on this board, and I realize that some of you may not know me (or even worse remember me)...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that, as Mr Breathmask used the opportunity to write here while on holidays, I'm for 2 weeks in Siena Italy for a conducting academy. I've met some other pupils in conducting and a few of them are also fond of John Williams and film music in general, so I'm not alone out there.

I'll be staying there for a few more days, looking for some JW's rarities in the CDs shop, but I'm not sure I'll find something.

I'm glad to hear that the LSO will perform a great amout of film music on July 29th. Unfortunately, I'll still be in Italy then.

I hope you're all doing well, and hope we'll finaly see each other in London in 2005 for the GREAT concert.

Sincerely,

Philippe BL

For the past week I've been away on holiday to Vienna. It's been all right here - although the weather could have been better -

Really not too good for a vacation, but I prefer it that way rather than too hot. ;) Of course, today it was better.

As for soundtracks - I didn't get any Williams, but I got me my first Pouledoris (sp?) score. They didn't have Conan unfortunately, but I got me the album from The Hunt for Red October, which I think is pretty cool as well. Pity it's only a disappointing 30 minutes long.

Short, but totally worth it. To which stores did you go? Müller and Saturn on Mariahilfer Straße are both worth a look...not great selections, but okay prices. Virgin (same street) has a better selection, but is very expensive. Then there's BOF on Kärtner Straße, but their selection isn't great either...and unless you're looking for something you can't find elsewhere, avoid EMI (also Kärtner Straße), they're extremely expensive.

Oh, and if you're looking for really rare stuff, check out Satyr in Marc Aurel Straße...some nice things (I once saw JW's Heidi there), but the most expensive of them all.

- Marc, going crazy on this silly Germanized keyboard (z and y are switched, and the punctuation is all over the place!). Crazy Germans. :P

Well, we hardly need "y"s here...but the punctuation is strange. I mean, I'm used to it, but I often do think of switching to qwerty at least for programming.

Marian - :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...