PR: FARSCAPE: THE PEACEKEEPER WARS CD

buysoundtrax

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASES OCTOBER 2004

FARSCAPE: THE PEACEKEEPER WARS

Music Composed and Conducted by Guy Gross

Performed by the Sydney Symphony and Cantillation

FARSCAPE: THE PEACEKEEPER WARS - LLLCD 1026

Presenting the original motion picture soundtrack to the Sci Fi Channel World Premiere Mini-Series FARSCAPE: THE PEACEKEEPER WARS, premiering Oct. 17th on the Sci Fi Channel. Composer Guy Gross? (FARSCAPE) sensational orchestral score, performed by the Sydney Symphony and backed by a 40 member choir, harnesses all the otherworldly excitement of this eagerly awaited continuation of the beloved FARSCAPE television series, produced by the Jim Henson Company, starring Ben Browder, Claudia Black and Raelee Hill, and directed by Brian Henson (FARSCAPE, MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND).

In the tradition of John Williams and Basil Poledouris, this is an epic scale, orchestral sci-fi/fantasy score that will be cherished by Farscape enthusiasts and movie music fans alike.

PRE-ORDER NOW at www.lalalandrecords.com and receive your CD autographed by composer Guy Gross at no extra charge. For a limited time.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Peacekeeper Ambush (2:33)

2. The Battle Continues (0:49)

3. The Eidelons (3:35)

4. Moya Attacked (6:15)

5. Developments (2:02)

6. Scarrans Arrive (2:37)

7. Aeryn Discovers The Truth (1:43)

8. Chiana & D'Argo (1:05)

9. The Killing Of Yondalao (3:17)

10. Jothee Rescues (4:30)

11. Decisions (4:02)

12. In The Crossfire (6:21)

13. The Temple Battle (2:57)

14. We Have A Son (1:59)

15. Ambushed In The Streets (3:46)

16. We All Die (4:26)

17. Behold (3:13)

18. The Stand Off (4:32)

19. The Aftermath (4:29)

20. This Is Your Playground (4:55)

Total Time: 69:06

ALSO AVAILABLE NOW

Acclaimed composer John Ottman?s (X2, THE USUAL SUSPECTS) crackerjack orchestral score to the hit New Line Cinema big screen thriller CELLULAR, starring Kim Basinger (8 MILE, LA CONFIDENTIAL), Willam H. Macy (THE COOLER, FARGO), Jason Statham (THE ITALIAN JOB, THE TRANSPORTER), and Chris Evans (FANTASTIC FOUR, THE PERFECT SCORE).

ORDER NOW from www.lalalandrecords.com and receive your CD autographed by composer John Ottman at no additional charge. For a limited time.

COMING SOON: The first in a series of FARSCAPE CLASSICS Limited Edition discs, featuring two complete Guy Gross scores from two favorite FARSCAPE episodes - the animated episode "REVENGING ANGEL" and the classic "EAT ME!"

Bobby Johnston?s score to the new Stuart Gordon (RE-ANIMATOR) cult sensation KING OF THE ANTS, Jesper Kyd?s music from the videogames HITMAN and HITMAN 2, and composer Brian Tyler takes us on a wild trip through THE BIG EMPTY.

VISIT www.lalalandrecords.com for info, orders and sound samples.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I was hoping there'd be an OST release for this. And full scores from regular episodes too! :P

There goes more money. My wallet is officialy crying.

John- realizing the mini is less than a month away and starting to get excited.

John2- realizing that he's probably the only one here who cares about this. :sigh:

Hi, the other JWFN Farscape fan here, I'd just like that I was never really head over heals with the Farscape music. There have been a few good cues here and there, and I did buy the album, but I never really took to it. Too much of it sounded like video game music (like the first 30 or so seconds of TWWW Pt. 1, or any other time the PKs appeared.)

May I ask why you like it so much, John?

Oh, let me say, NO MINI SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say whatever you want, but NO MINI SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT- OK I just realized that I typed up a whole bunch of stuff that you probably already know. Here's my gist: Subvision in season 1 wasn't that good. When Guy Gross came on in season 2 his orchestral approach was much better. The funeral music from Die Me, Dichotomy and the big choral cues from Into the Lion's Den pt. 2 are amazing. And you've gotta love Revenging Angel, he does a great impersonation of the classic Loony Tunes music. I'm glad that's going to be one of the first full score CDs.

But overall it's TV show music, and I wouldn't put it as an equal to film scores, but it does fit the show very well. In fact I like Cristophe Beck's work on Buffy a bit better. But since this is basically a 4-hour movie coming up (with commercials) and he recorded with an orchestra I'm expecting big things.

Oh, let me say, NO MINI SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say whatever you want, but NO MINI SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Yeah, there's at least one in the track titles, and others can be interpreted. The one that gives away a returning character doesn't really bother me, though. I know pretty much all the returning cast (unless a certain blue character is making an appearance and they've kept it real quiet :pukeface: ) but I don't know any plot spoilers and want to keep it that way.

here are a couple of truly awesome choral cues from the end of season 3 that used to be available to d/l from the Sci-Fi Farscape site, I don't know if they're still up.

Yes, I have those, as well as the Aeryn Funeral Theme. I also emailed Guy Gross once about getting a non-dialogue version of his main theme, but he said it probably wouldn't happen. The music is good in that it isn't "sonic wallpaper" as in other shows, but IIRC he never developed continuing themes you can find in shows like Alias or The West Wing.

Yeah that's one of the things that I really liked about Buffy, Beck wrote love themes for both Buffy/Angel and Buffy/Riley. And there was a general Buffy theme in season 3, at least it sounded like it to me. I'm hoping that since Gross was writing basically a film score that he'll use some full leitmotifs. We'll see.