So, any word on whether Williams has seen AOTC?

UCFKevin

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone on this website know Williams personally?

I hope he didn't see the movie,

because there is a high risk of him having a heart attack. :baaa:

If I was Williams and saw the movie, I would be livid. Lucas's musical appreciation has been in a bit of a diminished capacity for quite some time now. Even for ROTJ: SE, "Victory Celebration" was horribly edited into the end credits, even if only one note was missing. It stuck out like a sore thumb.

After two consecutive poor treatments of the score, I wonder if Lucas and Williams would eventually part ways like Hitchcock and Herrmann....

Probably not, but after Episode III, I'd probably wouldn't want to work for Lucas again. Especially if he's going to be directing...

If I was Williams I would work with Lucas again, only because it's Star Wars.... what he is most well known for :baaa:

Morn, I believe he went on record saying how pissed he was about his score being screwed up in TPM.

He said it embarrassed him. That's a very mild way to put it if he was pissed off.

Morn, I believe he went on record saying how pissed he was about his score being screwed up in TPM.
He said it embarrassed him. That's a very mild way to put it if he was pissed off.

Where is this record???

Well I haven't heard any news about Mr. Williams being commited to an asylum or jumping off a building. So I'm guessing he has not seen it! :angry:

Well, let's hope that JW knew previously about the edits, and that he and Lucas agreed that either the original version or a totally new rescored would be added back into the "Ultimate Edition" of the film. I mean, Lucas knew that he would be editing the film up until the last conceivable moment, and maybe the reused tracks that are near the end of AOTC are just temp tracks.

I know this is wishful thinking, but hey, that's me. Always the eternal optimist, and besides it could happen!