Star Wars Fan Film score released online

Bouche

The epic Star Wars Fan Film "Revelations" has just been released online, and we've now made the score available for free download too:

Please go to

chrisbouchard.co.uk

.. to have a listen!

This music is inspired by Williams' Star Wars scores, and uses subtle quotes of certain JW themes. The 35 minute score was made on zero budget using realistic orchestral samples. Although we don't claim to rival the quality of John Williams, we have made the score freely available and hope that some of you will enjoy listening to this as a tribute to the great man himself.

Thanks jwfans

Chris

cd_cover.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for posting this here! So far I listened to the preview, but I'm at work and I can't turn it up too loud. But I'll certainly give it a closer listen tonight. Sounds well done from what I can hear.

I was waiting for this since you posted that Corellia music... not bad at all! Although the brass sounds very synthy, which is strange, since I'd heard good things about EWQL's brass. Hmm... otherwise, great! The main title and "Corellia" are my favorites. The music really shines in those scenes, too.

By the way, you might want to check the end of Track 22, "Choices." It cuts off right when the Force Theme is starting, though it seems to be identical to the statement of the Force Theme in the beginning of "Questions and Answers," so I dunno.

I was waiting for this since you posted that Corellia music... not bad at all! Although the brass sounds very synthy, which is strange, since I'd heard good things about EWQL's brass.

I have them, and I have noticed that the 4 trumpets patch is a little unexpressive. It is "realistic" but it sounds better when layered with the expressive solo trumpet to give it some character.

Also, programming brass is hard no matter how good the samples are. You have to get just the right amount of articulation at the beginning of each note for good phrasing.

Thankyou very much for listening, your comments are really appreciated!

The orchestra is predominantly EWQLSO gold as you can tell, and your right about the brass... I think they are some of the hardest to program realistically unless you redesign your melody to suit the patch!

Btw, Cerrebore, thanks for your kind comments and for pointing out the drop out in "Choices". That must be a quality control error that slipped through! apologies, will update that track asap.

Chris

I'm working with sample libraries as well and admire anyone who can pull off pieces of that quality. Good work!

My philosophy is, though, that you should never ever let the quality of the library influence your work. The patch should suit your music, not the other way round.

Anone else heard the record/seen the movie? Bearing in mind limitations in budget and so on - I thought it was astonishing......

The movie was indeed a huge project involving hundreds of volunteers collabing over the net. and yes - all for zero budget.

gkgwer: I agree in theory, but if your aim is convincing orchestral realism, you have to taylor the composition & orchestration to the capabilities of the sample library to a certain extent...

One day, perhaps the perfect library will give us a free reign!

Thanks for listening (and watching)

• 4 years later...

Quick bump for this thread....If anyone is interested, "Bouche" aka Chris Bouchard has Executive-produced and Directed a 40-minute film entitled "The Hunt For Gollum"....I was wondering why it had been headline news on my local news site until I read the Mr Bouchard is a fellow Gloucesterman!

Link HERE for anyone interested.....as with "Star Wars: Revelations" it is free for download.