New JW Interview w/info on Memoirs of a Geisha

Mari

This is easy to overcome, just skip the tracks you don't like.  As for complaints about War of the Worlds, every cue on the album has offered me something to marvel at.  The more I listen to it, the more interesting it gets.

Believe it or not, I have thought of it. But skipping 40% of a CD is not a pleasurable listenign experience for me. I like to put it in, and leave it in until it's reached it's conclusion.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is easy to overcome, just skip the tracks you don't like.  As for complaints about War of the Worlds, every cue on the album has offered me something to marvel at.  The more I listen to it, the more interesting it gets.

Believe it or not, I have thought of it. But skipping 40% of a CD is not a pleasurable listenign experience for me. I like to put it in, and leave it in until it's reached it's conclusion.

Unlike me, as I'm always armed with the remote control if I want to skip something. ;)

I never listen to music on a stereo at home, always on my discman, on bus ride and walks. But it's not that I don't like skipping because of the effort involved, I just feel that I don't get the musical narrative I should. On CDs like QB VII, which is 4 hours of music trimmed down to the basic musical ideas in 35 mintes, since the narrative was lost in the trimming.

You shouldnt play original CDs in your discman: you could be robbed or lost them.

Make security copies, in your prefered order and omitings :mrgreen:

I agree - this is one of the great things about iPods - I dump my soundtracks onto my iPod, and then put the CDs away for safekeeping - as you all know, some soundtracks are very hard to find.