Star Wars The Radio Drama

dalty_smilth

Hello. I have an mp3 I downloaded of original music from the Star Wars Radio Drama, and I was wondering, did John Williams compose new music for the series himself, or did someone else arrange themes from Star Wars?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music sounds like it was performed by a small ensemble, perhaps twenty players? It's hard to say what Williams would do with such a group, so his style is not as easy to identify...

:spiny:

• 3 weeks later...

Mostly they're from the first few episodes, like someone else said, a very small ensemble performing a cue of "the Little People," and in the first episode there's this odd cue that doesn't appear to based on any motif from the original score. As a matter of fact.... it only last about 6 seconds or so, but it always reminds me of the first half of the "Battlestar Galactica" theme!

A small wind and percussion ensemble was brought in to record some music. It was put together in a 10 minute suite on the limited edition collector's set. The short piece heard in Episode 1 of the series is very clearly the main Star Wars theme.

is this "Radio Drama" an internet online radio??

No, it was produced by National Public Radio in 1981.

Neil