King Kong: Was Alex Cremers Right?

Was Alex Cremers right?  

16 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes Alex is always right, he's got good taste and common sense.
    • Yes, but it's a fluke, if you cry wolf 4000 times you are gonna be lucky one in a while.
    • Alex may have a point, but i'm not convinced yet.
    • Alex is wrong, but that's a rarity.
    • Alex is wrong again...King Kong will be great, just like LOTR, LOSER!
    • Other (specify)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas, it appears that he was. Although, to be fair, I was also disinterested in the film, save the score. Actually, that touting one's horn, not being fair, but it's the same difference, really.

I like movies with space battles and lasers and people being shot with lasers and laser swords.

And boobies. Boobies are good too.

King Kong, ain't he that monkey? That big ol' monkey fella that picks up that gal 'n' runs 'round?

When Universals publicity machine is rolling over us like a flood wave over the french quarters you will be convinced that this film was necessary.

I'm still convinced that nobody should have allowed Peter Jackson this extravaganza. Shores rejection, however, is inane. Whatever JNH pours over it in 2 weeks cannot be anything more than an assembly of random thoughts on the subject...and that comes from someone who likes the JNH of recent years very much, certainly more than Howard Shore.

Let's kick the clueless wallstreet men from Hollywood soon!!! ;)

To show you how good I really am at this, I also expected nothing of the new film of Cameron Crowe (Elisabethtown) and lookie here, the critics' darling is being critically crushed as we speak.

----------------

Alex Kaa Cremers - trust in me, just in me.

To show you how good I really am at this, I also expected nothing of the new film of Cameron Crowe (Elisabethtown) and lookie here, the critics' darling is being critically crushed as we speak.

----------------

When I saw the first trailer a few months back, I wondered what had happened to Crowe. The previews make it look too darn soft and fluffy with no edge. Of course, I am one of the few that loved Vanilla Sky, so what do I know.

----------------

When I saw the first trailer a few months back, I wondered what had happened to Crowe. The previews make it look too darn soft and fluffy with no edge. Of course, I am one of the few that loved Vanilla Sky, so what do I know.

Indeed, the same thoughts crossed my mind when I first saw the trailer. What the heck is Crowe doing?! And yes, I too like Vanilla Sky, even though it took me two viewings to realize that.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I saw Vanilla Sky in theaters, and it may have been one of my most eye opening experiences in terms of the average moviegoer. There was a group comprised of late twenties/early thirties females a row behind me. When Crusie had the accident and was disfigured, they all began to complain at how horrible the movie was and blah blah blah. Then, when he has his "plastic surgery" and returns to normal, they all start cheering and saying "yea, he isn't ugly anymore." At one point, I was literally ready to turn around and say you girls should have just have stayed at home and rented Cocktail. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that I was on a sort of first date and I didn't want her to see the Welles side of me just yet. ;)

I saw Vanilla Sky in theaters, and it may have been one of my most eye opening experiences in terms of the average moviegoer. There was a group comprised of late twenties/early thirties females a row behind me. When Crusie had the accident and was disfigured, they all began to complain at how horrible the movie was and blah blah blah. Then, when he has his "plastic surgery" and returns to normal, they all start cheering and saying "yea, he isn't ugly anymore." At one point, I was literally ready to turn around and say you girls should have just have stayed at home and rented Cocktail. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that I was on a sort of first date and I didn't want her to see the Welles side of me just yet.   :)

If you want to avoid this sort of problems, then stop going to the theaters. I can't remember seeing a film in theater and not being severely distracted by the audience. They phone, eat candy, talk about not understanding the plot, lean or push against the back of your seat, etcetera. And it's way too expensive, for the same money you can almost buy the DVD.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I saw Vanilla Sky in theaters, and it may have been one of my most eye opening experiences in terms of the average moviegoer. There was a group comprised of late twenties/early thirties females a row behind me. When Crusie had the accident and was disfigured, they all began to complain at how horrible the movie was and blah blah blah. Then, when he has his "plastic surgery" and returns to normal, they all start cheering and saying "yea, he isn't ugly anymore." At one point, I was literally ready to turn around and say you girls should have just have stayed at home and rented Cocktail. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that I was on a sort of first date and I didn't want her to see the Welles side of me just yet.   :)

If you want to avoid this sort of problems, then stop going to the theaters. I can't remember seeing a film in theater and not being severely distracted by the audience. They phone, eat candy, talk about not understanding the plot, lean or push against the back of your seat, etcetera. And it's way to expensive, for the same money you can almost buy the DVD.

----------------

Alex Cremers

You should come and live in Australia. People are generally much quieter in the cinema. You'd be lucky to hear someone laugh.

Try France. It isn't ubiquitous, but it is usually the case that cinemas are silent as a tomb. I actually found myself 'disturbed' in a certain way when I first came here. People were so silent while watching The Village, it simply was not normal!!!!! Wonderful!!!

You can also buy a Pass for 20 Euros per month and watch all the films you want, from the big blockbusters to the smallest production you might never hear about again.

To be honest, I do go to the theaters far less than I used to. There is a really cool state of the art theater about a half an hour away that attracts the real moviegoers. I have yet to have a bad experience there, but Regal, that's a different story. It's certainly gotten to the point that with Netflix and my home theater system, I only go out to the ones I really really want to see.