Jurassic Park Temp Track?

GoodMusician

I was curious, I've noticed that in some movies, temp tracks taken from John Williams scores are present, like in the animatics to that pixar film about the superhero family--which name eludes me at 4:27 in the morning. The temp track for the chase scene on the island was taken from Minority Report.

I was curious if Jurassic Park had a temp track as I noticed something interesting:

The trailes for Jurassic Park and The Lost World include a track from Hans Zimmer's score to 'Backdraft,' called "Burn it all."

This track is really a part of a piece that goes on for ...4 tracks or so?

I was trying to edit them to find all the music in the JP trailers--that wasn't Indiana Jones or "Burn it All" and ran into an interesting thing.

The very end of "You Go, We Go" ends in a blatant statement of the Jurassic Park theme by the flute!...

Coincoidence? Maybe...

That's why I'm curious if JP had a temp track because aparently someone there liked the music from Backdraft enoguh to have it in the trailers for two of the films... and perhaps it was used as part of the temp track?

Anyone know?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I'm one of the score's fans either, and no, I'm not really into Barry's stuff (just theme from Out of Africa, Dances with Wolves, that sorta thing).

I'm also listening to that track now, and yep, the first 2 notes, with appropriate counterpoint are right at the end. I also noticed that just before that, the 2nd part of the A bit of the island fanfare (dum dumm...dum dummm......dum dum dumm... dum dum dum dum....) slightly distorted but noticeable :P (around 4.57, although the end is hidden under the strings)