2006, What would you like to see as a new Signature Edition?

JMan

I love the signature editions because I think orchestras should experience playing Williams' awesome music. Recently Battle of the Heroes, Flight to Neverland, and Victor's Tale have been added. I would love to see either Prayer for Peace, Jurassic Park, Three Pieces from Memoirs of A Geisha?, or Escape from the City, be published.

Anyone have any special requests for the new year?, in which it doesn't look like Maestro will be doing lots of film scoring.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, my fellow Hartt Attendee! I could definately go for a Suite from Memoirs. Or perhaps something from War of the Worlds, or at least A Prayer for Peace from Munich. Unfortunately, as of late, most of Williams scores that haven't already had at least one thing published for HL don't really have "stand alone themes" in the sense of what an orchestra would actually spend money to perform you know?

I'd really love for them to dive into some of the oldies. Last Crusade comes to mind, but perhaps also Parade of the Slave Children from TOD. Actually though, I talked to some representatives at HL about 5 months ago and asked them what was on deck, and they gave me a fairly extensive list of new Williams pieces being published. Unfortunately, I forgot what they were, but maybe I'll call back tomorrow.

I love the signature editions because I think orchestras should experience playing Williams' awesome music. Recently Battle of the Heroes, Flight to Neverland, and Victor's Tale have been added. I would love to see either Prayer for Peace, Jurassic Park, Three Pieces from Memoirs of A Geisha?, or Escape from the City, be published.  

Anyone have any special requests for the new year?, in which it doesn't look like Maestro will be doing lots of film scoring.

Not sure of the whole list but one thing I would like to see/ hear is In to the Asteroid Field complete with the first part and the whole Adventure on Earth without the omissions,

Also just a question:

Does anybody know if 'Over the Moon'

is published on the SS editions?

Hello, my fellow Hartt Attendee!  I could definately go for a Suite from Memoirs.  Or perhaps something from War of the Worlds, or at least A Prayer for Peace from Munich.  Unfortunately, as of late, most of Williams scores that haven't already had at least one thing published for HL don't really have "stand alone themes" in the sense of what an orchestra would actually spend money to perform you know?  

I'd really love for them to dive into some of the oldies.  Last Crusade comes to mind, but perhaps also Parade of the Slave Children from TOD.  Actually though, I talked to some representatives at HL about 5 months ago and asked them what was on deck, and they gave me a fairly extensive list of new Williams pieces being published.  Unfortunately, I forgot what they were, but maybe I'll call back tomorrow.

Hello Hartt school of music Person! See what the list is when you can. I'd be interested to see whats coming up. I also agree with you on the some of the oldies like Last Crusade. I dont know what you quite mean about the "stand alone themes". And why wouldnt an orchestra pay money to perform? Good to hear from you. Talk soon.

Hello again.

First off, what I meant by "themes" was that with War of the Worlds, while stunning music, there isn't really a standout theme that laymen would pick out. I mean sure, we, as musicians can pick out motifs, and themes easily, but most orchestras have to go for the laymen. And WOW and Minority Report don't really have easily recognizable themes.

Now, I called back, and the guy I got on the line seemed confused, so he didn't really help me much, but I did manage to get a couple out of him. One HL is working on is Sound the Bells. And the second is Born on the Fourth of July. I like both, so this should be good!