!Hans Zimmer Official Website --- Coming Soon!

macuser02

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such thing as a truely bad Williams score. There is only brilliant, great, and good.

well you must have missed the bad one then, lets see, in the last few years there is AOTC(horrible), SPR(uninspired), Terminal(worse than bad, its dull), Munich(autopilot), some say the Patriot, I wont,

Im glad you finally realize that. Makes it so much easier for you, williams himself has often said it was his worst Star Wars effort.

Im glad you finally realize that. Makes it so much easier for you, williams himself has often said it was his worst Star Wars effort.

Where the hell did you get that from? I have never ever heard that before.

and its a very weak effort, AOTC is just abysmal

I reckon John Williams was under time pressure at the time doing AOTC score...compared to how much music he had written for The Phantom Menace.

Where the hell did you get that from? I have never ever heard that before.

The same place he got JW saying about PoA "I haven't been this inspired by a sequel since Emprire Strikes Back" (which conveniently disaapeared after Joe didn't like the film).

I think you misread Mark's post.

Well, I think you and I make excellent points. Time will tell who is right.

I agree with Steef.

Just what we need...another yes man. I wonder, has Stefan got you to do his laundry yet?

Good one...but you really think so? I no where near where Stefan lives...

I don't get why everyone cares so much about what other people think about scores. Isn't it a matter of personal opinion? There's no such thing as anyone having bad taste in the scores they like just because someone else might think differently.

Personally, there have been very few scores by either Williams or Zimmer that I have not absolutely loved. But that's just my opinion.

Hey, I'm just saying that you can't expect to be taken seriously basing your bashing on 7 scores, just like bashing a score based on one track.

Yes, well, according to those rules, everyone must have listened to a composer's entire opus to be taken seriously, but that is just absurd.

Mathematically speaking, if you listen to 8 randomly chosen scores out of 90, chances are good that you get a pretty good picture of a composer. And I didn't even choose the scores randomly.

Mathematically speaking, if you listen to 8 randomly chosen scores out of 90, chances are good that you get a pretty good picture of a composer. And I didn't even choose the scores randomly.

Well, there we disagree. And, besides- you only took one brief track from BHD to reject the entire score, hardly a good picture of a score, or a composer.

Morlock- who personally does not feel comfortable bashing a score or composer with knowing what he is talking about.