Randy Kerber - What synth gear has he used in Williams's scores?

Nope, "The Library Scene" is the only cue I can think of that uses real celeste, and that's only for one brief passage. There's a good thread on that here. :D BTW, I rather agree - I mean, the regular acoustic celeste sound is wonderful, but pairing it with that sine wave decay is genius.

Speaking of synth sounds

What's the sound like a pressure valve going off in Jaws 2.I hear it in 2 cues

Which cues? I know Williams liked to use "white noise" on synths around that period. Mostly for suspense. Remember the stinger when Hooper discovers Ben Gardner's body?

I could shoot him off an e-mail, though I never did get a reply to the first one. If interested (and can be a little more specific).

Ok - what gear and effects did he use for JURASSIC PARK, THE LOST WORLD, NIXON, MINORITY REPORT, SLEEPERS, the STAR WARS prequels, AI, MUNICH, and WAR OF THE WORLDS i.e. Nord Lead, Synclavia, Prophet V, Super JX, Korg M1, Jupiter-8, E-mu Emulator, D-50 etc...

The only specific synthesizer I know he's used is the DX7.

I've got one of them in my studio. Never been that fond of FM synths, though they're great for bell timbres, harpsichords, 'explosions' and basic waveforms - like the sine wive Kerber got on that video.

Speaking of synth sounds

Which cues? I know Williams liked to use "white noise" on synths around that period. Mostly for suspense. Remember the stinger when Hooper discovers Ben Gardner's body?

Finding the Orca at 2.50

Ballet for Divers at 2.25

Speaking of synth sounds

Finding the Orca at 2.50

I think its in Towering Inferno also

Speaking of synth sounds

Finding the Orca at 2.50

Yep, usually notated as "white noise", "white noise cluster" or "hissing sound."

Since the JAWS II example's in 81, it's likely an ARP (maybe a 2600?) - since that's what his synth of choice was on EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, RETURN OF THE JEDI, and I think - THE FURY.

He used a Yamaha YC-30 combo organ on the disaster flicks, and JAWS. The only time an specific model's named, is when it plays a long sustained, undulating chord for the typewriter shot (S-H-A-R-K) in JAWS. Otherwise it's just refereed to as Yamaha, or Yamaha organ.

Speaking of synth sounds

Finding the Orca at 2.50

Yep, usually notated as "white noise", "white noise cluster" or "hissing sound."

Since the JAWS II example's in 81, it's likely an ARP (maybe a 2600?) - since that's what his synth of choice was on EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, RETURN OF THE JEDI, and I think - THE FURY.

He used a Yamaha YC-30 combo organ on the disaster flicks, and JAWS. The only time an specific model's named, is when it plays a long sustained, undulating chord for the typewriter shot (S-H-A-R-K) in JAWS. Otherwise it's just refereed to as Yamaha, or Yamaha organ.

John Williams... you sly dog!

he uses stuff I would never expect....rubbing gongs....synthesizers.....awesome.