stop complaining!

:) Would the bashers stop bashing John's scores because certain

cues sound "just like" or "Similar" to his other stuff. Of course they sound

familiar... it's the same composer!!! Every bit of J's music is excellent, and

NOOOOOOOOOOO, Anderton's Great Escape sounds Nothing like Lost World, It's brilliant. Everybody Runs is great too. Attack of the Clones score rocked! Chase Through Coruscant was a wonderful action cue, and went on for 11 minutes TOO SHORT!!!!!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:baaa: Would the bashers stop bashing John's scores because certain

cues sound "just like" or "Similar" to his other stuff. Of course they sound

familiar... it's the same composer!!! Every bit of J's music is excellent, and

NOOOOOOOOOOO, Anderton's Great Escape sounds Nothing like Lost World, It's brilliant. Everybody Runs is great too. Attack of the Clones score rocked! Chase Through Coruscant was a wonderful action cue, and went on for 11 minutes TOO SHORT!!!!!!!!

"Anderton's Great Escape" blatantly revisits a motif from "Ludlow's Demise" and "The Quidditch Match." That case has nothing to do with style.

"Anderton's Great Escape" blatantly revisits a motif from "Ludlow's Demise" and "The Quidditch Match."  

It does?

Excellent!

I need this darn CD! Dammit! To the mall!!!! :mrgreen:

Well, nobody ever said that Houston Rockets fans had any brains. ;)

Just kidding... :)

-Chris, Who respected the Rockets championships (even though they stole one from the Spurs, Hakeem was unbelievable in those years), unlike the current champions, which are of the maufactured paper variety. Congrats Mr. Stern! The lowest ratings since 1981! Wahoo!

Bah, they are not even close to being exactly the same.

Morn - Who thinks Chrusher will love this score

Well, a little motif appearing through out his scores isn't so bad, infact kinda a cool trademark (Williams seems to have an action motif and a sad motif, like Horner's evil motif :)

But who cares really, because it's not like that's all those tracks are, a single motif, plus he does new things with the motif.

:)  Every bit of J's music is excellent

That is complete and utter nonsense. John is great, but not everything he writes is great. Some of it is very good, some is average, and some is just crap.

Joe, who is being realistic.

But most is great and like only 15% or less is crap :)

Morn - Trying to recall the last time Williams did a totally bad score....

Morn - Who has to go back to the 70s...

well i agree. i think that ALMOST all of JW's music is EXCELLENT. I admire the simplistic themes that he invents..Probably the most memorable themes have been his most simple. It's what he does with the themes that isn't simple....and it is also what he does with the themes that sometimes get repeated and sound similar from time to time.

Well, a little motif appearing through out his scores isn't so bad, infact kinda a cool trademark (Williams seems to have an action motif and a sad motif, like Horner's evil motif :D

But who cares really, because it's not like that's all those tracks are, a single motif, plus he does new things with the motif.

Copying yourself is a trademark? I thought that was reserved for someone else.

~Harry

Bah, they are not even close to being exactly the same.

Morn - Who thinks Chrusher will love this score

Goodie! I can't wait! I'm hitting one, maybe 2 malls tonight in search of it. Very frustrating this is.

That is complete and utter nonsense. John is great, but not everything he writes is great. Some of it is very good, some is average, and some is just crap.  

Joe, who is being realistic.

Not completely true. It depends on the listener's personal tase if you ask me. Some of my faves (the multi-thematic and bombastic scores) aren't loved by every body, while some of the scores that I don't care much for (the Stepmoms and Angela's Ashes) are loved by some.

I think Ricard once wrote that he thought that everything Williams wrote was genius even though he didn't love every score. I'd agree with that statement (correct me if I misquoted you, Ric).

Joe, no futher examples can be said than the fact that you don't like Hook and A.I. and you LOVE The Towering Inferno!!!

-Chris, Who,s kidding, he really likes TI... just giving Joe a piece of his own medicine...

A trademark is different to reusing because it's not laziness in any way :)

I didn't mention anything about a trademark.

~Harry

And that is the problem.

:| Would the bashers stop bashing John's scores because certain cues sound "just like" or "Similar" to his other stuff.

Well sometimes i notice similarties and mention them to other people. But its never in order to bash them. I just say "have a listen this, his home alone score has many bits that sound similar to Jurassic park". Its never in order to bash him. Just out of interest really and fun how bits pop up again in other scores.