• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww.....thanks, Pete.

Do you have a favorite?

Dan - wondering if Pete has a favorite

:music: "Abortion" from The Cider House Rules (Portman)

well that would be Hook then. I think it is moving, brilliant and sweeping music that makes you want to fly.

Yes, Pete. That's one of Johnny's best scores. I was driving a few weeks back, late at night, with the top down, and listening to that score! WOW! Some moments in that score (towards the end of the film) are right up there with some moments from E.T..

Dan - awaiting Joe's cardiac arrest

I chose the first.

I didn't like the wording of the 2nd chose, its kind of off putting. And the third choice I couldn't really put any film music in that category.

Besides the first can be used to describe T.I, Jaws, CE3K, Star Wars, Superman, Empire, Raiders, E.T. Temple, Empire, JP, Lost World, HP, all which are among my favorites.

I picked brassy because Jurassic Park got me into the movie score area, and That was quite brassy, though it had its quieter moments. I just get spines with his brass, though, and find them to be the most uplifting. Not ice in Angela's Ashes that he brought in the brass at the very end where it was at it's happiest.

~Conor

That's correct, Morn. But then again, there's a slight mix of everything in most of his scores.

Dan - who states "John Williams" in mid-sentence to bring a smile to his face

:mrgreen: "Mujahadin and Opium" from The Living Daylights (Barry)

I picked brassy because Jurassic Park got me into the movie score area, and That was quite brassy, though it had its quieter moments.  I just get spines with his brass, though, and find them to be the most uplifting.  Not ice in Angela's Ashes that he brought in the brass at the very end where it was at it's happiest.

~Conor

And what a beautiful moment that is! One of my good friends cries every single time she hears that cue. I love the t-bones in that cue. It's simply amazing.

Dan - feeling like a cheesy catalog music critic

:mrgreen: "Necros Attacks" from The Living Daylights (Barry)