A New Indiana Jones Music Recording!...

Dr. Jones

....But "only" for the new Computer game Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb. I thought that Lucasarts only takes music from the original recording, but read this:

http://www.music4games.net/n_indy_emperorstomb.html

There`s also a Photo of the Recording Session

Dr. Jones - who is very exited how his new..ahh the new soundtrack will sound

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its for a stupid computer game then it is not INDIANA JONES MUSIC.

you need to change your title. It is very misleading. But let me restate it is not Indiana Jones music, its a game soundtrack.

so in other words

WHO CARES

you need to change your title. It is very misleading. But let me restate it is not Indiana Jones music' date=' its a game soundtrack.

so in other words

[b']WHO CARES

Don't worry, Gamecube. Joe's just one of those film music elitist snobs.

Damn you!! Getting my hopes up for nothing. Nothing!!!

Neil - who agrees with Joe and would really love a new recording of classic Indiana Jones music

you need to change your title. It is very misleading. But let me restate it is not Indiana Jones music' date=' its a game soundtrack.

so in other words

[b']WHO CARES[/quote

Don't worry, Gamecube. Joe's just one of those film music elitist snobs.

;) 8O :wow: :oops: ;) LOL :)

Who cares? I do. Video Game soundtracks can be very good, like the Lost World Soundtrack, or Star Wars: Rouge Squadron. ;)

And Michael Giacchino's Medal of Honor, Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy (I specially like FFVII), Harry Gregson Williams' Metal Gear Solid 2, Shenmue (many composers), Zelda:Ocarina of Time, Akira Yamaoke's Silent Hill 1&2......... They are great.

And Michael Giacchino's Medal of Honor, Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy (I  specially like FFVII), Harry Gregson Williams' Metal Gear Solid 2, Shenmue (many composers), Zelda:Ocarina of Time, Akira Yamaoke's Silent Hill 1&2......... They are great.

I totally agree, though I prefer FFVI (FF3 in the USA)

I particularly (how in the world do we write this word ? i never knew... *sigh*) love the orchestral recording that were made of videogame soundtracks...

I totally agree, though I prefer FFVI (FF3 in the USA)

I particularly (how in the world do we write this word ? i never knew... *sigh*) love the orchestral recording that were made of videogame soundtracks...

I have played FFVI recently (FF6 in PAL regions), and I also like it. With the limitations of SNES, Uematsu wrote such a memorable score...

I like many Video Game soundtracks, but my favorite is not on a CD, for sale, or even anywhere online. It seems I am the only one who likes the music from Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.

I recomend the Myst soundtrack also. Very deep and relaxing.

I recomend the Myst soundtrack also.  Very deep and relaxing.

Myst? I don't know which game it is. Is it a game? Is it a bird? ....

scissorhands - who is going to buy soon a GameCube

Final Fantasy VII has a great soundtrack. great soundtrack to a great game.

I love Aeris' theme. (I think that's the name)

scissorhands - who can't wait anymore: Resident Evil Remake. I want it right now!

Myst? I don't know which game it is. Is it a game? Is it a bird?

I'm sorry, you've never heard of Myst? Ooooh...kay then.

I vouch for Giachinno's Medal of Honour. Excellent.

Can anybody here tell me of anywhere I can find resources for the Rogue Squadron soundtrack? At all? The theme is great, and I'd like to know of any MIDIs, or mp3s, or the composer, or anything that anybody has or knows of.

Plus, is there any good scoring in the sequel? (Rogue Leader). Is it still MIDI, or is it full sound now? And is the theme still there? Or improved on at all?

Myst? I don't know which game it is. Is it a game? Is it a bird?

I'm sorry, you've never heard of Myst? Ooooh...kay then.

I vouch for Giachinno's Medal of Honour. Excellent.

Can anybody here tell me of anywhere I can find resources for the Rogue Squadron soundtrack? At all? The theme is great, and I'd like to know of any MIDIs, or mp3s, or the composer, or anything that anybody has or knows of.

Plus, is there any good scoring in the sequel? (Rogue Leader). Is it still MIDI, or is it full sound now? And is the theme still there? Or improved on at all?

Hey you like Rogue Squadron huh? I was just talking about it. My favorite Video Game soundtrack ever. It is all by Chris Huelsbeck. There isn't any of the music online though. Such a shame. The Main Theme is outstanding and the rest is great too. I would kill for that soundtrack.

Rouge Leader barely has any new music. It's mostly John Williams stuff.

There's a tool somewhere (probably at http://www.mixnmojo.com) that lets you extract all resources from many LucasArts games. I think several TPM boots were done like this; I once ripped the complete soundtracks (except for cutscenes) from Escape from Monkey Island and Grim Fandango, but I never finished making CDs out of them. :devil:

I'd very much like to have the Rogue Squadron score myself, but I can't even try to rip it - all I have is a demo of the game.

The sequel, like the original, will be scored by the great Chris Hülsbeck. He's done tons of great music for classic C64 and Amiga games. A lot of his scores from that time can be found online, I've begun making CDs of several of them.

Regarding game scores that are available on CD, I highly recommend Grim Fandango, an excellent noir-ish score (unfortunately, I still don't have the CD myself). Plus Ultima Ascension, by George Oldziey, is really fine, too.

It is all by Chris Huelsbeck.

You were faster. :)

Marian - who thinks Hülsbeck's scores were probably sub-consciously helping to get me into film music. (Check out his list of favourite composers at his homepage :devil: )

I once ripped the complete soundtracks (except for cutscenes) from Escape from Monkey Island and Grim Fandango, but I never finished making CDs out of them. :devil:

I'd very much like to have the Rogue Squadron score myself, but I can't even try to rip it - all I have is a demo of the game.

Regarding game scores that are available on CD, I highly recommend Grim Fandango, an excellent noir-ish score (unfortunately, I still don't have the CD myself). Plus Ultima Ascension, by George Oldziey, is really fine, too.

I don't like Grim Fandango soundtrack, I prefer the caribean rythms of Monkey.

About Rogue Squadron, now it's very cheap, as many games of LucasArts. It shouldn't cost more than 15 euros.

It is all by Chris Huelsbeck.

You were faster. :flush:

Marian - who thinks Hülsbeck's scores were probably sub-consciously helping to get me into film music. (Check out his list of favourite composers at his homepage :devil: )

I have been looking for a long time for any online music from Rogue Squadron. www.vgmusic.com says that Huelsbeck told them not to post any of his music :( . If you go to his site ( http://www.huelsbeck.com/ ) you will find he had plans to make a MIDI page, but he seems to update his website once every two months and only writes a little news when he does :cry: . And that soundtrack also helped me to get into film music too. :)

Yeah I own many game soundtracks. There has been ALOT of great music created for games by some genius composers like Michael Giacchino, Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda.

Shenmue is indeed quite good :mrgreen:

I particulary like Michael Land's work on "The Dig"...

very intriguing and yet relaxing (he has implemented some Wagner elements on this score which makes it so great, very slow and strange modulations... it created an eary atmosphere that suits the game perfectly well)

Also like Myst, Riven and Riven II (with real instruments this time)...

also quite interessted in the work done on Biohazard Orchestra Album or Silent Hill game.

PBL, FF6 hardcore fan

Wow. I never knew there was so much good VG music out there. I probobly won't get many more untill I get more movie scores though. But I am open to suggestions.

Wow. I never knew there was so much good VG music out there. I probobly won't get many more untill I get more movie scores though. But I am open to suggestions.

God, I hope the game doesn't such like Infernal Machine.

One game comes out (Tomb Raider) and everything has to copy it. I wish Indy would have it's own style. Hell, I WISH it would be 2D, like Fate of Atlantis.

Some companies think that just cuz it's 3D means it's gonna be loved universally, but goddammit, nice graphics don't make a good game.

God, I hope the game doesn't such like Infernal Machine.  

One game comes out (Tomb Raider) and everything has to copy it. I wish Indy would have it's own style. Hell, I WISH it would be 2D, like Fate of Atlantis.  

Some companies think that just cuz it's 3D means it's gonna be loved universally, but goddammit, nice graphics don't make a good game.

I have to disagree. The Infernal Machine has the same style of Tomb Raider, but Tomb Raider has been influenced by Indiana Jones saga. It's a boomerang effect.

A game in 2D can be good, yes, but nowadays the best games are in 3D. Nice graphics don't make a game to be good, yeah, but they improve it. And it's different: a)having good graphics or b)being in 3D. 3D means a different games style. And permits us to explore new game dimensions never seen before.

The Videogames world is in a constant evolution, graphical evolution above all. Now we are in a dead point on the playable aspect: companies should be making new and original games. Instead of this, they are creating sequels and more sequels of successful games (Biohazard, Metal Gear, Mario, GTA, GT, DMC, DOA, Tekken, Ridge Racer.................).

In a nutshell: we can hardly find original games nowadays. But the reason are not the 3Ds, but the risk that making a game generates.

Well, the essence of Tomb Raider is definitely taken from Indy, but not the style of the game. But yeah, it is a bit of a boomerang effect, but that doesn't make it right.

God, I hope the game doesn't such like Infernal Machine. One game comes out (Tomb Raider) and everything has to copy it. I wish Indy would have it's own style. Hell, I WISH it would be 2D, like Fate of Atlantis.

I didn't play Infernal Machine for more than an hour or so. The controls were horrible. The trailer for the new game looks really good though. If it's got a good engine, I think it can be a really good game. Nothing wrong with a *good* 3D game - Jedi Outcast was amazing.

Yes. There are so many great C64 and Amgia games that have never been matched on Intel platforms. Ever since Doom, complete genres have died out. Not because they were boring - many of them are still extremely enjoyable - but because nowadays everything has to be 3D, no matter if the game itself is good. Of course there are great 3D games, but 3D isn't everything.

Now if I finally manage to deal with that horrible DirectX API, I'll try to do some cool 2D games. :mrgreen: Unfortunately, it's not that easy, since with the latest DirectX version even 2D games have to use the 3D functions.

Two new Star Wars games coming to Gamecube. :mrgreen:

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter- "Sweeping orchestral soundtrack includes music from John Williams' Attack of the Clones score, as well as original music composed exclusively for the game. "

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- ...the sweeping emotional soundtrack from the motion picture.....

Hope they have good stuff. How are the soundtracks to all those X-Box, PS2, SW games?

But they won't be as good as the Gamecube ones. :)

Super Mario Sunshine is also coming out also. I know their soundtrack won't fail me.

Zelda is coming out too. I loved both N64 titles and their music.

Yes the future looks promising for Gamecube. :mrgreen:

Well, not really, that's all that there is, basically. But don't worry, I'm a fellow Gamecube owner and I love it. I just played the Endor level on Rogue Leader and I'm just absolutely amazed. I can't get to get Mario Sunshine.

I wonder if the Star Wars games will have unreleased music? That'd be so awesome!

Well, not really, that's all that there is, basically. But don't worry, I'm a fellow Gamecube owner and I love it. I just played the Endor level on Rogue Leader and I'm just absolutely amazed. I can't get to get Mario Sunshine.  

I wonder if the Star Wars games will have unreleased music? That'd be so awesome!

Your saying that future of Gamecube is not good??? I only listed two! There are tons more games coming to Gamecube! At least 284 more! See them here. http://www.nintendo.com/games/master_list_...jsp?system_id=9

The future is clear!

The future is clear:

First position: PlayStation 2

Second position: Gamecube

Third position: Xbox

There are over 30 million of PS2 sold around the world. Its promising games: Silent Hill 3, Devil May Cry 2, The Gateway, Final Fantasy XI and XII, Tomb Raider:A.of Darkness, Tekken 4, and in the far future: Metal Gear 3 (not directed by Kojima) and.............Driver 3!!!!

XBOX has been a failure in Japan, where the best games are made, and in Europe. Only a (big) success in USA. Games: Unreal Championship, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive 4, Metal Gear 2 Substance, Project Ego, Ninja Gaiden, and probably Shenmue 3.

GameCube has been a success in the whole world (not in Japan at first, but everything has changed, with Resident Evil above all). Games: Zelda, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 0 and 4, Metroid Prime, Starfox Adventures (which could be the last exclusive game made by Rare for Nintendo.....)