35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Old Themes
    • New Themes
    • Have no idea, but prefer reusing old ones
    • Have no idea, but prefer hearing new ones
    • Have no idea
    • Don't give a crap

Do you think Johnny will reuse lots of themes à la the original Star Wars Trilogy and Home Alone 2 or will he dazzle us with newly created themes with hints of older themes? (à la Episode I and Episode II)

Dan - finding a similarity between Bernstein's The Age Of Innocence and Rota's The Godfather in this cue...

:music: "Ellen Leaves" from The Age Of Innocence (E. Bernstein)

Dan2 -- anxiously awaiting the next Scorcese-Bernstein opus, Gangs Of New York. (If it's good, Elmer might get an Oscar this year.....)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What themes do you think he should incorporate? I mean what aspects of book two would you like to see him compose for?

I think I'd like to see a parseltoungue theme, aragog too.

Probably he wont make a whole theme just for Aragog. Possibly a "Spider Motif"

I think that Williams will keep his theme for Harry, Hedwig, Hogwarts, Voldemort, and the Quiditch theme in there. I'd be very suprised if he took them out.

Justin

I would love to hear a musical referance a la Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Like, when the kids talk about what happened to Harry last year, we hear the Stone motif. That would be cool.

Marc, who thinks the Ark motif in Last Crusade is brilliant.

Perhaps a theme for the new Professor of the Dark Arts, Gildroy Lockhart.

Joe who loves Harry Potter the movie, and the books.

A theme for Ron's family. Lucius and Draco need a theme, as does Dobby. The flying car scene should be fun for him to do -- same goes for the Womping Willow.

The parseltongue motif should be brooding and reminiscent of "the Sorceror's Stone" motif...same goes for Tom Riddle (or whoever he is).

Moaning Myrtle, Nearly Headless Nick, and, of course, Gilderoy Lockhart need leitmotifs. Lockhart's should be funny.

Dan - really looking forward to this score now

:mrgreen: "1900's Madness #1" from The Legend Of 1900 (Morricone)

I guess both of Harry's themes (the family theme and the hero theme, if you will) will return, as will the Voldemort theme and the theme for Gryffindor. I can't possibly imagine him not reprising the main theme (the so-called Hedwig's Theme), for sheer commercial reasons.

A theme for Lockhart would be fine, but I somehow doubt we'll get one (I'm hugely looking forward to Branagh's Lockhart, by the way). Dobby will probably get some jumpy, Jar-Jar like music.

Marian - who got and watched the DVD today (somebody give the Hermione actress an Oscar!)

:music: Attack of the Clones (John Williams)

Yes, but Johnny's scoring ...and the Chamber of Secrets in late July/early August, recording in early October and then starting on Catch Me If You Can right away. He'll have a couple months for both scores....he should be able to pull off magic again.

And don't forget it's a Spielberg film -- those are the ones that speak the loudest to his inspriation and genius.

Dan - knowing his stuff.

:music: "I Rest My Case" from The Devil's Advocate (Howard)

Right. That's why I think JW will want to concentrate more on the Spielberg score.

Marian -- how on earth did you get the DVD?!?!?! MUST HAVE!!!

~Harry

Rosie O'Donnell gave everyone in her audience a DVD yesterday.

Dan - who knows someone who was there and received a copy

:music: "Cullen Gets Off" from The Devil's Advocate (Howard)

as will the Voldemort theme

Dammit, that's a major spoiler!!!! Give a warning!!!

Actually it's not that big of a spoiler, but if I were to explain why I would have to get into serious spoiler territory. But I do suppose those of us who've read the books should consider those who haven't and give spoiler warnings. We just tend to forget sometimes because we've been able to discuss CoS for a few years now.

I don't think it's too much of a spoiler, but I could see why it might be. (Did that make sense?)

I will keep this in mind, though. Morn, have you not read the books? If you haven't, I dare you to!

Dan - hoping that will get Morn to read them

That's right!

Dan - fearing he may not go.

:( "The Ranch" from The Cowboys

Sorry to hear that. And, in my local newspaper, the made a calendar with all the concerts this summer, and both of JW's are listed, and the concert know as "A Salute to Hollywood" is listed as "John Williams Conducts His Movie Scores". Can't wait for that one!!!

~Harry :devil:

How cool! Well, enjoy yourself, Harry! Take pictures, e-mail them to me!

Dan - who really wants to go, but must tend to his responsibilities.

If you hide them and take a quick snapshot at the very end and then hustle on backstage and get your picture taken there.

Dan - who did that the first time, but then left his camera behind the following times

Thanks! I hope he doesn't forget to set up a meeting place. As long as my teacher is there, it doesn't matter if he remembered, because he can get the tuba player to come see me so I can meet JW and have him sign somethings. :)

~Harry

What are you taking for him to sign? And you will get a picture too, right?

Dan - who knows Johnny hates the post-concert rush of fans

Well that is why I need my teacher to set up a place so I can see him by myself.

What am I taking? I know for sure E.T., but I don't know anything more. I"ll be at both concerts, so I can take things both days. :)

~Harry, leaving now

Well, if you have any orchestral scores (as in, paper), take those. He likes those. Take his Oscar-winning CD covers. Your program/ticket and your favorite non-winning score. Also, take Episode II and Minority Report and have him sign those too. Who knows? They might be nominated and even win.

Posters, pictures of Johnny, and your (composed) music are things that annoy him. If there aren't too many people or if you're alone with him, he'll even ask you where you want him to sign it. He's so awesome.

Dan - who should discuss more with Harry in the future

Good night, Harry. I might come back tonite, but I'm not sure. I'm not feeling too good and I still want to see Presumed Innocent.

Dammit, that's a major spoiler!!!! Give a warning!!!

Oops, sorry, didn't think about that. :)

Semi spoiler:

The Voldemort theme will fit in any of the movies. Each of the books is about him, though in different ways and on different levels.

:) Attack of the Clones

I will keep this in mind, though. Morn, have you not read the books? If you haven't, I dare you to!

I've only read the first.

My fav is number 3

#3 is the best. Absolutely breathtaking. I read them all very fast (and I'm a slow reader), but with #3, I realized that after the Quidditch match in the middle, I just couldn't put it down. I started at 3:00pm and couldn't stop reading until I had finished the book at 7:00 in the morning.

Of course, the finale of #4 beats everything that came before it. But as a whole book, #3 is the best so far.

Marian - who CANNOT wait for the next one.

I've only read the first.

You must read the rest! They're all fast reads!

~Harry

I'll get to it, I own 3 of the books and have only read one, I'm reading Lord of the Rings now though.

LOL

I haven't read LOTR and probably won't until I finish watching the movies first.

Now -- about Potter...I'm currently reading Book 3 and it seems like it's gonna be better than the 2nd. I was kinda bored with the second until the very end.

Book 1, however, is - so far - the best book I've ever read.

Dan - whose read a few in his lifetime