2006 Capitol Fourth... any Williams?

Foxfan

Does anyone know if Kunzel and the NSO plan on playing some Williams again this year at the Washington DC July 4th concert? I remember they had a tribute in 2004 and played "Battle of the Heroes" in 2005.

I want to see if it's something worth me using another HD tape for.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Evacuation / Firestorm" from ID4 composed with John Williams freshness by freshman Sir David Arnuuuld.

I dont know...does anyone have the program of exactly what they are playing. I gotta tell you all that this Capitol Fourth concert has gone down hill more and more every year. Maybe I'll watch.

Has anyone seen it?

I'm away from home right now and need to call home to say what part to record when it will be repeated tonight and tomorrow...

Any Williams pieces?

I heard the Pops play "Liberty Fanfare." They also played different pieces during the fireworks, like Patton. But that might have just been a recording.

Ray Barnsbury

Capitol Fourth was not that good. i heard Pops and they were ok. Nothing special. Happy Fourth Everyone!!!

JMan

Yeah, I saw the Boston Pops show and it was AMAZING! Liberty Fanfare is a piece I only discovered recently and I now listen to it over and over. I was thrilled to see it performed in Boston.

Aerosmith should not be performing with Boston Pops. Especially right after the 1812 Overture. Its like having oatmeal after finishing a delicious desert. It was distasteful to me and I reallly think that it is an insult to the professional musicians on stage playing in the orchestra. But ya know, Lockhart doesnt seem to mind. Oh goody.

Aerosmith should not be performing with Boston Pops. Especially right after the 1812 Overture. Its like having oatmeal after finishing a delicious desert. It was distasteful to me and I reallly think that it is an insult to the professional musicians on stage playing in the orchestra. But ya know, Lockhart doesnt seem to mind. Oh goody.

I agree and I think some of those musicians do to. Some of them were throwing Aerosmith some nasty looks. And the whole Lockhart thing singing and dancing, I kept saying "If that was Williams...".

If that was Williams it would be something better. I saw the recording off Gregory Hynes doing a tap dance/jazz number with the pops back in the 80's and that was totally awesome. But, this! How insulting to the pops orchestra. I feel like keith Lockhart is totally commercial and Ive also heard hes a real ahole to the orchestra. That whole thing was just so inappropriate.

Even a couple of years ago, they had Cindi Lauper sing with the Pops on Fourth, and she sounded horrible, as did Steven Tyler's pitch. Ughh! THen they had Arturo Sandoval a year later and he rocked it with the pops orchestra! So they have their good and bad but lately its mostly been the bad. Just my thoughts but thanks for your reply beerchug