Last Night at Tanglewood

JMan

Went to see the Boston Pops last night at Tanglewood. For the first time ever, my family sat inside the Kousevitksy(?) Music SHed and I was just blown away by the music. It was music of Bernstein on Broadway, and the first piece was...

To Lenny! To Lenny! by John Williams!

Absolutely loved it. Cant wait to to see Tanglewood on Parade or Film Night Open Rehearsal.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to get to Tanglewood next year. If not, then it'll be the Hollywood Bowl 2007.

It's cool that "To Lenny, To Lenny" is making its way into more concert programs recently. It's a great piece. And to add to what Hitch wrote, I'm going to both Film Night at Tanglewood AND Hollywood Bowl this year. I NEVER miss Film Night - it's at the point where I'm flying 3000 miles back to Massachusetts just to attend. And this'll be my first year at the Hollywood Bowl. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Is "To Lenny, To Lenny" the variations on "On the Town," with a little bit of "America" and "Happy Birthday" thrown in? Or am I thinking of something else?

Is "To Lenny, To Lenny" the variations on "On the Town," with a little bit of "America" and "Happy Birthday" thrown in?  Or am I thinking of something else?

It is the same piece. I'm pretty sure the liner notes of the American Journey CD mention the piece having two names.