Klezmer meets Filmmusic

boom-tzzzz

I play the piano and a friend of mine plays the clarinet (he' a very talented guy). In november we'll give a small concert in our local music school. The program will feature Klezmer-music (Jewish Folk Music) and filmmusic, of course. All titles will be performed on clarinet and piano.

My friend didn't know John Williams until I told him about. He's now very fascinated about the maestro's music. And I didn't know about Klezmer until my friend told me about :)

We were surprised to find a lot of connections between these two styles. Here's the program:

4 pieces from Beyond the silence (german movie "Jenseits der Stille", very Klezmer-like music by Niki Reiser)

two Klezmer pieces

Theme From Schindler's List

Jewish Town

Ballade For A Klezmer (written by Giora Feidman - an excellent clarinet player, known for his klezmer performances. He also played the solo in Schindler's List)

Avner's Theme (A Prayer For Peace) - Piano Solo

another two klezmer pieces

The Tale Of Viktor Navorski

Jazz Autographs - Piano Solo

Mr. DNA

4 pieces from Harry Potter

Family Portrait

Dobby

Lord Voldemort - I'll play the double bass, accompanied by my friend who can also play the piano

Hedwig's Theme - Piano Duet

If I were a rich man (from Fiddler)

Encore will be main theme from the simpsons :)

So, what do you think about this concert?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. DNA - maestro's mickey-mousing-like music for the cartoon shown in jurassic park. I have the MIDI of this wonderful piece a created a version for piano and clarinet.

my friend's parents will record the concert. Maybe they can upload it . .. I've totally no idea how this works, I'm not into this whole technique :thumbup:

But why record . . . It's free entry. So, what about a nice autumn-trip to Berlin?! LOL