ROTJ Soundtrack Purchase --Need Help!!

s.mess

I'm going to rely on all of the experts around here to give me the best information on buying the ROTJ 2 Disc Special Edition Soundtrack from 1997. I'm looking for the Edition that came with the laser etched discs (that looked like the 2nd Death Star) and has the booklet attached to the black colored CD sleeve (not a plastic jewel case). I have already purchased it once at Amazon (used) and ended up with the edition that has a plastic (normal) jewel case with the removable booklet and the CD's that are designed with the Rebel Alliance logo. If I understand correctly, there is also a 3rd version that comes with the 1997 special edition poster in a slimline case. Amazon currently lists two different entries for the soundtrack (that I can find). The first is listed as a slimline edition (ASIN: B000003G8I) and says its original release date was March 11, 1997. The other (ASIN: B000003G91) states that it is from August 26,1997 (I'm guessing that it is the one with the Rebel Alliance logo??). Does anyone have any idea of which one of these will get me the item I'm looking before as described in the beginning of this post? Thanks!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best bet is to try ebay...that's where I got all 3 of the Limited Edition sets with the laser engravings on them. Mine are sealed since it's in an actual box set and plus I have the Sony 2004 sets. No the original 97' laser engraved ones I have are not for sale, sorry.

I have the laser etched disks.I'd go with the Jewel case ones if I had to buy them over.The booklets get damaged easily and the c.d.'s are hard to pull out of the slieves without scratching them.

K.M.

I have the laser etched disks.I'd go with the Jewel case ones if I had to buy them over.The booklets get damaged easily and the c.d.'s are hard to pull out of the slieves without scratching them.

K.M.

That's very true. I remember that when I first originally had the 97' Laser Etched ones before I rebought them as 'collector's items'.

I have the 2004 sets. Is it just me or does ROTJ really need to be remastered?

No you'll find many threads with that discussion.

I bought the book sets and mine are still in great shape after 9 years. One thing I did was to laminate the cardboard sleave that slides over the books. I have yet to have any major scratches on my discs. If you take care of your CDs and cases they will last for a long time.