Mustafar Battle

JWfangirl1992

Ok a friend of mine and myself are planning to be geeks this summer by re-doing the Mustafar battle with fake lightsabers in my backyard and then I'm going to add the music from the movie to it. Does anyone have that track without the Yoda/Sidious battle? I attempted to download a complete score but my pathetic Ao-hell connection said it would take a couple years, so if possible can someone please PM me that one track?

~Meghan~

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can recreate the Yoda/Sidious part of the battle by editing the DotF concert piece from TPM. The only version available from Ep. III of it is an effects-laden DVD rip, it's not something that's leaked.

That a young teen girl wants to wield a geeky lightsaber is something generally unheard of.

It is also generally unheard of that a teen girl posts on these boards.....I feel special. ROTFLMAO

Did you get a Force FX lightsaber?

Anyways what cue do you need?Most of the Mustafar battle is on the OST.Padme's Visit is still unreleased,so the only thing you'd need is The Boys Continue,which goes in between Anakin vs Obi Wan and Battle of the Heroes

K.M.

I'm not sure I understand what you want. You're looking for "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" (otherwise known as "Heroes Collide") with all the Yoda/Sidious stuff edited out? If that's the case, the easiest route would probably be to edit it yourself. Audacity is a great free program you can use for that.

However, you'll need more than just that track, though. As King Mark said, there's an important cue entitled "The Boys Continue" which scores two parts of the battle, as well as part of Yoda's escape from Darth Sidious. It's possible to cobble together a very clean edit of this cue, since most of it has been unofficially released via video games. After "The Boys Continue," "Battle of the Heroes" plays--but it's not the so-called concert suite version that constitutes track 3 of the OST. It's a slightly different arrangement (no intro or extended ending, and the rhythm of the final punctuated chords is different) that can be more or less found in the end credits track of the OST. A little more editing, and there you go.

On a side note, I find it pretty cool that you can edit out the Yoda music from "The Boys Continue" (so only the battle music is left) and then stick "Revenge of the Sith" (Battle of the Heroes) on right afterwards--the transitions work, which makes me wonder if Williams was being smart and preparing for the possibility of a re-edit on Lucas' part. Now, why in the world would anyone ever suspect that Lucas would significantly re-cut his film? ROTFLMAO

And on another side note...is it offensive to certain groups to call a movie that was shot digitally a "film"? Is that going to be placed on the master list of politically incorrect terms now?

Oy, I need sleep. Don't listen to me. :~]

Did you get a Force FX lightsaber?

K.M.

I wish! Those things are way out of my price range. We are sticking with the twenty dollar pathetic things.

*off topic: is anyone watching the year without a santa claus on NBC??? ;)

Ok a friend of mine and myself are planning to be geeks this summer by re-doing the Mustafar battle with fake lightsabers in my backyard and then I'm going to add the music from the movie to it.

~Meghan~

That sounds like something I would do. Except I would force my friends to battle while I film and get good camera angles.

No.

The Rankin / Bass animated Year Without A Santa Claus is the only one I care about.

Its good that you didn't watch it, because it craps all over the original animated one.

No.

The Rankin / Bass animated Year Without A Santa Claus is the only one I care about.

Its good that you didn't watch it, because it craps all over the original animated one.

And that's putting it nicely.

banghead <me while watching it.