What should JW have scored?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Mark Mancina

• The Haunted Mansion
    • Tarzan
    • Twister
    • Bad Boys
    • Speed

JW has enough manuscript and sharp pencils strapped to his body to blow away any Mark Mancina score

what does he do...what does he do?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed is ok, so no to that one.

I'd love to see Williams do an animated film so Tarzan would be good.

Twister runs hot and cold with me, there are some nice moments but the we get the dreaded MV style music. I don't know if Williams would be right for DeBont's style.

Haunted Mansion might have been something fun if handled by the right people. Williams could have come up with something fun.

Bad Boys is the kinda crap Williams avoids.

Speed has the right score, a very good effort. Twister has a lovely theme. Bad Boys has a fine MV theme, one that is perfect for the film. Not familiar with the other two scores.

I'd be interested in JW's efforts in any of the films, as usual, though I will note that I don't think Speed needs any improvement.

I don't think Speed or Twister need improvement, and JW should stay away from the silliness that was Haunted Mansion (the movie that is). I've never seen Tarzan or Bad Boys, but something tells me I don't want to.

The first Bad Boys is actually quite a decent action movie, and Bay makes the most out of his small budget.

$23 million is hardly a small budget. Certainly not a huge budget, but far better films have been made on far tighter budgets. :music:

I'll agree with you there, but for an action film, that's pretty tight.

I have to add that film has one of the most enlightening and entertaining audio commentaries I've ever heard. Love him or loathe him, it's still interesting to hear Michael Bay talk about his first movie, and all its problems; from underachieving physical effects, to lack of trust from the studio, to mindgames to trick his actors. Good stuff.

The only two movies that I would even consider voting for (Tarzan and Twister) already have fairly decent scores in my opinion; I can't imagine seeing those movies with different music, even if it's John Williams.