Reconstruction Of Harry Potter: Symphony For a Saga Series

Damo

I decided to copy tlbauerle idea for his Star Wars Symphony for a Saga just to test my editing skills.

So anyway, I just pumped this out in the past few hours...surprise?

I've created a suite out of using the Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone Soundtrack Album. It like a highlight out of entire Album but it been reduce to about 21 Minutes...

I swear my mixing is really damn good.

The Tracks I have use are:

1) Prologue

2) The Arrival Of Baby Harry (taken some parts of it which has been mixed)

3) Visit The Zoo And Letters From Hogwarts (taken some parts of it)

4) Diagon Alley And The Gringotts Vault (taken some parts of it)

5)Platform 9 And 3 Quarters And The Journey To Hogwarts (taken some parts of)

6) Mr. Longbottom Flies ( a short section taken from this track)

7) The Moving Stairs

8) The Quidditch Match (Taken some parts of it)

9) Christmas At Hogwarts

10)The Norwegian Ridgeback

11) Fluffy's Harp

12) In The Devil's Snare And The Flying Keys

13) The Chess Game

14)The Face Of Voldemort

15) Leaving Hogwarts

16) Hedwig's Theme ( the very last section of it to finish it off)

Please PM me to download this suite and please give me feedback. Other then that Enjoy listening! ROTFLMAO

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit, Damo!!!

Okay...I have a bunch of 'Symphonies' planned out...and this was going to be one of them as well.

Fetcher.

Oh well...Drop me a PM with a link to this thing and I'll listen when I get a chance.

(BTW...I pumped out the first 2 CD release in a relatively quick time too I just found too much that could have been improved...and fell victim to perfectionism).

For those who listen to my Harry Potter suite for the first one....I would like some feedback. I've already started doing the Chamber of Secrets and when I finish that I'm onto Prisoner of Azkaban.

Hey this is a pretty fun suite.

I'm not uber familiar with the score as I am w/ Star Wars, but this is certainly pretty dang good. Edits are pretty high quality, although sometimes the flow of the music is compromised...if you get my drift.

Secondly, there is a lot of theme repetition...which probably wasn't taken into consideration. I can tell you make your suites a bit differently than I do. I try to collect themes and put them together in one section of the suite and then move on to another theme or story element.

But what this does represent well is the overall story of SORCERER'S STONE, and is a great condensed listen.

The only real negative is the Christmas vocal piece...it sort of brings you out of the music and is a little distracting from the flow.

Can't wait to hear the others. Since I don't plan to work on mine for quite a while, this will be a treat on my MP3 Walkman. Thanks!

(And isn't feedback tough to get sometimes?)

(And isn't feedback tough to get sometimes?)

Yeah feedback is tough sometimes. I've notices. Thanks for your feedback anyway. Just an update I'm almost finished the CoS Suite. It somewhere around 90% completion.

Okay everyone. I just finished making a suite for Chamber of Secrets. This suite doesn't contain as much repetitions of themes as it did in the first one however it contains alot more action cues and it's a bit darker then the first one. This suite is better than my first. I'll soon start making the suite for PoA.

Here is the Tracklist that features in CoS Suite:

01 Prologue

02 Fawkes the Phoenix

03 Knockturn Alley

04 The Flying Car

05 The Dueling Club

06 Cornish Pixies

07 The Spiders

08 Meeting Tom Riddle

09 Polyjuice Potion

10 Moaning Myrtle

11 Cakes For Crabbe and Goyle

12 The Chamber of Secrets

13 Dueling the Basilisk

14 Reunion of Friends & Finale

As usual regarding to the rules please send me PM for your request and please give back feedback.

I gave this a listen last night and really enjoyed it. There is quite a bit of repetition, but then, for the first HP movie and score, there was a lot since it was introducing Harry's theme. I liked the inclusion of the Christmas song; it was louder than I think it is on the OST and I noticed a lot more going on in the song than I had. That was cool. I also liked how you ended the track with bringing in Hedwig's Theme to finish things off.

Wonderful stuff and I can't wait to hear the CoS suite! (Can this be considered a PM? :mrgreen: )

No "Dobby the House Elf"? It's such a wonderful concert arrangement...

Yeah I didn't know where to fit it in my suite so that it will match the smooth of the flow from one cue to another, so yeah that one of reason I left that one out. Thanks for you feedback anyway

I gave this a listen last night and really enjoyed it. There is quite a bit of repetition, but then, for the first HP movie and score, there was a lot since it was introducing Harry's theme. I liked the inclusion of the Christmas song; it was louder than I think it is on the OST and I noticed a lot more going on in the song than I had. That was cool. I also liked how you ended the track with bringing in Hedwig's Theme to finish things off.

Wonderful stuff and I can't wait to hear the CoS suite! (Can this be considered a PM? :) )

Yes the christmas song was louder then it was on the OST because I amplified it so you can hear the vocal of the song considering you barely hear it on the OST. Cos is suite out if you or anyone wants it then ask for you request via PM not in the thread otherwise the moderator will delete your request in this public thread or my thread will locked because of it. You know the drill and thanks for the feedback.

There was a bit of delay for POA suite considering I got into doing the complete score for Pirates of the caribbean: The curse of the Black Pearl. I finished the POA suite couple days ago while i started working on complete score for POTC and yeah it ready for a release. I'll about to upload it now.

I actually found POA Suite a lot harder then the ST suite and CoS suite considering it a new freshly score with a lot of new themes..so please let me know what you think of the POA suite.

Wonderful suite. I love how it starts out with "Window to the Past." I think that's one of Williams' more beautiful themes of late. I wasn't expecting any sound effects, so those took me by surprise, but the fact that it's mostly ominous thunder works well, actually, with the music. The only problem I think I have with it is the inclusion of the Knight Bus music. I know it's a major theme, but when it comes in near the end, it doesn't seem like it fits with the rest of the music.

But, the segues and edits are seamless. Well done! :(

To me the Window to the Past is like a new main theme for the movie like replacing the old Hedwig's theme for a change...well for the third sequel of movie anyway which is why I decided to have that to start of my suite. Yes the SFX is the surprising moments in this suite as well as unreleased cues. which It's from David Vincent's Expanded score so ask him if want it his expanded score for POA.

i find it very difficult putting POA score into a suite compared to my previous two considering it's a new fresh score. Thanks for you feedback.

• 5 months later...

Hey,

I've been lately get requests of my Symphony For a Saga for Harry Potter, However since I've lost my own work on it, I've decided to do a remake of own work for Symphony For a Saga Harry Potter. This is a continuation from this thread. But since I can't change the title of the thread like we use to on the old forum, I decided to make new thread for this.

I'll be doing a remake from these Harry Potter Movies:

1. Harry Potter & The Sorcerer Stone ( Music By John Williams)

2. Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets (Music By John Williams)

3. Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban (Music By John Williams

4. Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire (Music By Patrick Doyle)

Each Harry Potter: Symphony For A Saga will go for approximately between 20 and 30 minutes long in length. Once I finished each of the them, I'll upload them on the internet for those who want to hear them. Please PM me for requests. There will be two different version of the same thing when you download this. One... the cues that I will choose will be mixed in one audio file and the second one will be seperated into tracks but seperated for those wanted it burned on CD. I'll be using FLAC format and MP3 format.

If anyone has ideas or suggestion or want some of their favourites cues in my Harry Potter to be in my Symphony For A Saga Version 2, then go ahead and say it. Anyway I want be able to start this small fun project yet until later in the day.

cya!

Well it is bit late now for mentioning that considering I already released it with that title and since I lost my work for it I decided to redoing it again considering a few new people are asking for it quite recently so maybe I might change the title when release this newer version of mine. But in a way my editing style and mixing and the way I do it is different from tlbauerle's.

Hey Damo...

Send me over links to your new cuts when they are done, if you please!