Help with identifying this music

Quintus

It may not be your orchestral cup of tea, but I heard this ages ago in a friends house when he had the dvd of this concert on and I've been trying ever since to track it down. It sounds a little like Lalo Schiffrin or someone and it starts at 00:48. I love this kind of brass sound :P

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xSzjhCrbnNA

I hope someone around here recognises it because Google has come up with nothing, though I noticed I wasn't the only person seeking its title.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really? Jeez, I didn't for an instant think it could be something by someone so seemingly obvious. I've never seen the movie or heard the score mind. But anyway a BIG thanks, you made my day! I've been after its title for nearly three damn years!

Oh and forgive my Lalo Schiffrin comparisons, but there is something a bit Enter The Dragon about it :P

Just a query, I've managed to track down "The Tank" and although parts of it sound similar, its not the same. Perhaps the music editor who worked on the hip-hop concert dvd took different parts of The Shadow's score and edited together the bits he liked? But it sounds too much like an original cue in itself imo. Either that or they did a great editing job.

I've found a streaming version of an alleged "expanded" score here. Just scroll down a little. Thought it's probably okay to link it, since its streaming only. The exact cue from my original link is nowhere to be found, even in the expanded release.

I believe it was conducted by Goldsmith himself. It certainly wasn't the Prague, judging by the awesome brass on display. It was live - applause is heard at the end. It's the same concert arrangement used in my first link, but not the same performance - the percussion is much more 'in your face', which I like. According to WMP, its "Goldsmith at 70, CD 2".

PM me if you want it, Blumenkohl has already done his bit.

Actually he's right the youtube one is from Essential Goldsmith, the one I sent you is the RSNO. Sorry my bad.

The one in the youtube video is the Prague. I can send you that as well, it has much better quality as it was actually recorded for album. They're pretty much the same though.

The one on youtube is the Prague? Bloody hell they're moving up in the world! That's some excellent brass from them, for a change. But is the one you sent to me conducted by Goldsmith? Because of its title on wmp I assume it is...

And if you don't mind uploading, I'd appreciate a full listen of the prague version, if only for the superior recording quality. Thanks in advance :P