JW's Conducting Has Changed

pi

I noticed this first on the Raider's March Release - it is substantially shorter, therefore faster, then other recordings earlier in his career. If you notice many of the rubatos are generally gone - especially in the romantic portion in the middle. Espcially when the Celli go really high to finish their phrase before the recapitulation. In concert at Boston I noticed the same thing, less slowing down to make a moment out of a line. For example Fawkes the Pheonix was very straight forward. Raiders March sounds almost to a click on the soundtracks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never liked the Jurassic Park theme at faster tempo the way he always plays it now. That is so interesting, because the tempo isn't sped up at all in the new Indiana Jones soundtrack recording of the Raiders March. Maybe he is just trying to get through the concert faster.

I never liked the Jurassic Park theme at faster tempo the way he always plays it now. That is so interesting, because the tempo isn't sped up at all in the new Indiana Jones soundtrack recording of the Raiders March. Maybe he is just trying to get through the concert faster.

yes it is sped up - 30 seconds shorter then the version i have the by request album

yes it is sped up - 30 seconds shorter then the version i have the by request album

That is interesting. Maybe he likes faster tempos now-a-days. Kind of odd.