HP trio on Oprah tomorrow 10-29-02

JoeinAR

on your local Oprah stations.

Same fat time, same fat channel.

Out to be interesting, wonder how Oprah will bring up the loss of Richard Harris. Ought to be a really good shooooooow, as Ed would say.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I don't really watch Oprah either unless it is a show like this or something very insightful and edgy, but that woman, bless her, has done SO MUCH in her time up there. She has tackled subjects and put things in America's face when no one else dared do it. As much as I ignore her shows, I do have to say she is one in a million when it comes to generosity and breaking barriers. She was also extremely friendly and nice each time I saw her at the People's Choice Awards. She really doesn't have a bad bone in her body, that one!

Star Jones, Oprah has lost the weight. You should see Star Jones, each time they have a food segment, she is practically eating the table. I think once, Merideth told her to slow down... uuummm... hhhhmmmm... I think I just admitted to watching The View.......... heh heh... Well, it's a good start to the day before I go to the gym!!!!!

I don't how or if the show will mention Richard Harris's death, Joe. It won't come up in the interview at least, because the show was taped last Wednesday after the US press junket, two days prior to his passing. The cast was back in London by Friday for another junket which had finished a few hours before the news broke.

I needs to tape it, I really needs to tape it, they might show some other scenes. Also, I'm trying to get some tickets to one of the screenings... cross your fingers!

i saw the end of it. the minute longclip from the Quidditch match was AMAZING! i really can't wait for this movie. :music:

Ted

*The post contains mild spoilers*

I was able catch the show. Most of the movie clips shown were of new footage that wasn't included in the trailers, but sadly they were very brief. They included glimpses of Harry escaping the Dursleys, the Duel, The flying car and the Whomping Willow, Dobby punishing himself, the Spiders, and so on. My favorite was the scene of Lockhart trying to mend Harry broken arm. The rubber arm looks sickeningly real. Rupert Grint brought one of the slugs and they're quite realistic as well. He said they were lemon flavored.

The interviews were typical press junket type fluff, but the three stars were obviously much more comfortable with the process than they were last year.

The interviews were typical press junket type fluff

Junket? You keep using this word. What exactly is "Junket"? I believe it is used to describe an outing or banquet of some kind. The term Junket is quite horrid in comparison. Sorry no offense to you IrishCal, I am curious as to how you can apply such a term and how it relates to your experience of media.

Hey, I didn't coin the phrase! :)

A press junket, as it relates to film, is a promotional event in which various media outlets are given the opportunity to participate in a question and answer session with a film's stars, directors, and/or producers in a controlled environment. Most often, a press screening accompanies such an event. Typically, some sort of agreement is signed between the media and studio which determines what information can or cannot be released. If such an agreement is broken, those in violation risk being banned from a studio's future junkets. For example, persons attending the Chamber of Secrets junkets are not allowed to release reviews of the film until after a certain date.

I hope that answers your question. :)

We don't get Oprah in England, but it's not like it matters. There's Harry Potter stuff on nearly every tv show! I must have seen about 20 interviews and 100 clips!

I taped it and watched part of it. It's good so far. Lots of little clips and interviews. Hermione was cute. Actually all of them were really sweet and very down to earth. Hopefully this whole experience won't change them too much.

NO!! I missed it!  Is it syndicated, will it be repeated? Did anyone see it? Was it good?  

Ray Barnsbury-disappointed  :cry:

It'll be on again next week, on Wed Nov 6, around midnight or so...check your listings.

I saw it, didn't tape. I'm excited, the segment was a lot like a panel, the kids asked a lot of questions to the three guests, and the producer David Heyman was there in the audience;

Also,

HBO First Look is having their own Harry Potter special next week, on Mon Nov 4, Nov 5, and Nov 10.

Kradia, logged out.