When Star Wars became Episode 4....

King Mark

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To reply to myself,it's funny that no matter how much we argued about this in the past here,Lucasfilm folks had forgotten themselves apperently.

K.M.

it can be quite confusing, but who cares? some can call it Star Wars and they're right. some can call it Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope and they're right. but nonetheless, people will still argue it to death and for what reason i don't know. can't we all just be brothers? :mrgreen:

Ted

This is not about what people call the film, but when they changed the opening crawl to add "Episode IV: A NEW HOPE." I remember it appearing in 1981 during the April ("The Force will be with you for two weeks only") reissue. Other people have insisted it appeared in 1979, but they always struck me as the same people who saw the Biggs Tatooine scenes in 1977. Glad to find out that I was apparently correct.

Matt -- who will always call the "FILM" STAR WARS, but may refer to the "STORY" "Episode IV" or "A New Hope" when having a discussion about the "saga" in which clarification is necessary.

it can be quite confusing, but who cares? some can call it Star Wars and they're right. some can call it Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope and they're right. but nonetheless, people will still argue it to death and for what reason i don't know. can't we all just be brothers?  :mrgreen:  

Ted

Actually the point here is to click on the link and read the story...

K.M.Who knew Star Wars was later named Episode 4 a few years later but didn't know exactly which release.

I'm just glad to see that Lucasfilm finally officially aknowledged this. I've been saying this for at least a year now, and have been met with quite a bit of skepticism.

I never thought I'd say "thank you Lucasfilm" but anything can happen.

Neil