Hal Leonard Chamber of Secrets

ocelot

The signature edition deluxe orchestral score for Chamber of Secrets looks like it'll be available mid January. It'll have on it for cues from the CD.

Dobby the House Elf

Fawkes the Phoenix

Gilderoy Lockhart

The Chamber of Secrets

You can preorder a copy already.

Ocelot

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can preorder a copy already.

Where do you order your sheet music Ocelot, that let you preorder ? Isn't it Alexander University ? Or another site ?

what exactly are these orchestral scores? are they the complete transcription of each instrument in the orchestra? how many pages are they usually? can you use them to make an arrangement for the piano?

"are they the complete transcription of each instrument in the orchestra?"

"-yes"

Not only that, but they almost never go changing what instruments are shown; in other scores if an instrument has a long period of rests, they'll remove it from the score. Hal Leonard JW scores always (almost) show all instruments. This makes reading them easier IMHO.

"how many pages are they usually?"

Like Chris says, depends. Star Wars was I think a couple hundred. Angela's Ashes is 32, though the second piece has two or three complete staves on each page.

how much are they usually? ive looked on sheetmusicplus.com and there's alot that are $500 or more! are these the ones that you guys are referring to? ive been interested in these because i've not been to happy with the piano reductions of the scores. but i cant afford 500 bucks on a piece of music

Speaking of Hal Leonard... Those really expensive scores, do those also have all instruments parts or is it only the conductors score? I find almost always a Deluxe score for like 40 bucks... :? which one is the good stuff?

First of all, everything Williams at HL is authentic Williams. The chamber pieces or pieces for smaller ensembles are listed as such, and of the orchestral pieces almost all are labeled "Deluxe Score", ranging from ~35$ to ~70$ (The Star Wars scores). Those are the real, full scores as heard in the original recordings. If by "really expensive scores" you mean the ones at several hundred dollars, those are the complete sets with score and parts.

Guest, what you are ordering when ordering the $500 + score is the score AND parts as well. Tell them you only want the score. Then it is around 35 to 70 as previously stated.