Catch me if you can

Is "Catch me if you can" gonna rock you're world?  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yeah, gonna rock my world, and a bag of chips
    • No, don't like the smell or taste of it, leave it alone.
    • Don't know yet, Impress me Spielberg

Well, is it, or not?

I can't wait for this film. Yep, gonna be a Spielberg comic fest of epic proportions. You think you know what Spielberg is all about regarding comedy? Think again. This film will redefine the genre.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know it looks very entertaining and funny. I can't wait. :devil:

Justin -Who thinks that CMIYC is never going to stand up to Star Trek and LOTR at the Box Office. :devil:

From what I've read, the movie seems to be very very good. I just hope JW has some chances of winning a oscar this year. If this movie really delivers and grabs important oscar nominations, there's a real chance JW wins the oscar. Of course I haven't listened to the music yet, but I have little doubts it will be worthy of a nomination.

Well it looks like a nice movie.

I really hate DiCaprio but in this movie I think the casting for that role could not be better!!!

I arrogant young man, chasing women!

hmmm...... :devil:

I would like that too

I am sure Catch Me if You Can will be so much better than that little piece of shit film that Spielberg released in 2001 that some base their pityful existance on.. LOL

But then film of fecal matter decomposing would be better.

I didn't like Tom Cruise either, but he was great in Minority Report, which was by far one of thr best movies in 2002.

Romao, who just came back seeing Minority Report for the 2nd time.

I cannot stomach Leonardo DiCaprio anymore.  Even Spielberg cannot draw me in to see Leo in anything.

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK STRILO.

I'm really not excited about this one at all. I just have this feeling that I'm not going to enjoy it. I hope I'm wrong, because I usually love Spielberg. I saw the ad the other day just before watching the excremental Changing Lanes (I can't believe how much I HATED that movie :)) and it didn't get me very excited. Then again I was suffering from a major case of "bad 'tude"...

CYPHER

Changing Lanes (I can't believe how much I HATED that movie  :)) and it didn't get me very excited. Then again I was suffering from a major case of "bad 'tude"...

CYPHER

i thought it was an excellent movie. ;) but i heard a lot of people disliked it. this is mostly the case, i've been observing with movies that don't draw distinct lines. i'm not speaking for you, Cypher, but i think a lot of people don't like to go and, god forbid, think about a movie. people seem to want everything spoonfed to them and want to be told how to feel. i certainly don't have a problem with anyone dislking the movie; everyones' got their own opinion. but disliking it because they didn't "get" it bothers me. but i'm digressing.

Ted

Changing Lanes (I can't believe how much I HATED that movie  :)) and it didn't get me very excited. Then again I was suffering from a major case of "bad 'tude"...

CYPHER

i thought it was an excellent movie. ;) but i heard a lot of people disliked it. this is mostly the case, i've been observing with movies that don't draw distinct lines. i'm not speaking for you, Cypher, but i think a lot of people don't like to go and, god forbid, think about a movie. people seem to want everything spoonfed to them and want to be told how to feel. i certainly don't have a problem with anyone dislking the movie; everyones' got their own opinion. but disliking it because they didn't "get" it bothers me. but i'm digressing.

Ted

I agree totally... and especially with Sydney Pollack; I have noticed he has done a number of films where the lines are grey...

Eyes Wide Shut

Random Hearts

A Civil Action

To name a few..... all of these films really made you think and i loved that about them

Generally I DO like to be challenged and engaged when watching a movie. I'm not one of those people who apparently love everything to be served on a platter (and thanks for not lumping me in with them Ted :) ). However the day I saw that film I'd had enough of a challenge getting to the bloody cinema on time :evil: . Plus Ben Affleck seriously pissed me off (that's pretty much three movies in a row where he plays the same loser character who cries all the time). And personally I found this movie overly didactic and preachy, especially towards the end. Anyway what this has to do with Catch Me If You Can, is beyond me... In fact I think I started this digression myself (where's the emoticon for self-flaggelation when you need it?).

CYPHER

• 2 weeks later...

Early reviews indicate *** to ***1/2 movie, with Spielberg's picture losing points for weaknesses in its dramatic aspects. (Surprisingly, no one's griped about Spielberg's generally broad comedy yet.)

I expect it'll be comparable to The Sugerland Express.