Question About Willow

DaHaK

I'm not that familiar with the score (other than recognizing it for its amazing themes) and was wondering if the score itself is chronological to the film? I want to make shorter tracks for my iTunes. Just my personal tastes....an 18 minute track doesn't work for me.

How would any of you break this score down into shorter chronological tracks?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! Love the enthusiasm! That's good to know it runs in film order. So is Willow's Theme a concert suite?

With the esception of Willow's Theme I believe the CD tracks run exactly like they do in the film. They are not made of of different cues in the film combined.

Almost. :blink: Tracks 2 and 3 should be switched round for chronological order. The way they're represented on album is a better listening experience though, 'Escape from the Tavern' nicely breaks up some similar material between the others.

How incomplete is it?

There's something like 30 mins missing from the first half of the film. The second half is included in it's entirety on album - Tracks 4, 5, 7 and 8 play almost uninterrupted in the film.

There are a couple of places where I think you could cut the 18 minute track. At around the 9:36 you could probably split in two for example.

I want a complete score too, but being from Lucasfilm and not being Star Wars, I'm not hopeful.

I'm not that familiar with the score (other than recognizing it for its amazing themes) and was wondering if the score itself is chronological to the film? I want to make shorter tracks for my iTunes. Just my personal tastes....an 18 minute track doesn't work for me.

How would any of you break this score down into shorter chronological tracks?

The 18-minute track is not bad, except that Horner half-inches the begining of the "Dies Irae" section from Mozart's "Requiem" at the start of it...

Thanks for all input on this. I'll definitely work something out.

Thanks for all input on this. I'll definitely work something out.

My iPod edit of WILLOW THE SORCERER runs something like 8:46, so there should be a great opportunity for a cut at 9 minutes.