The War of the Worlds' track titles make no sense

Taikomochi

The Dakota Fanning rape scene was tough to watch. Good decision by Spielberg and Williams to go without music for that part.

Her dreadful shrieking was more than enough.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, those poor saps who were born generations later shoulda just gotten off their butts and been born earlier. I don't get what their problem is!

Write the networks and tell them not to make any jokes about older movies and all your problems will be solved.

Not terribly likely to have any effect, this is true. Nevertheless, I find that the whole "the movie's been out for __ years" line of discussion doesn't really have much practical application for the young film fan who is just now discovering the classics. I can't spend every waking hour catching up on all the classic film I wasn't around to see the first time out.

Well the response was more tongue in cheek to the post about Family Guy spoiling Citizen Kane, plus the fact that older films are constantly parodied in the public.

Yep, those poor saps who were born generations later shoulda just gotten off their butts and been born earlier. I don't get what their problem is!

:)

If the movie is truly good, knowing the twist won't spoil it. See Shutter Island (although highly debatable), but everyone saw the ending from a mile away.

Well, even though I think that is true, I still think the surprise value would have heightened my experience.

Eh, Shutter Island is hard to say the ending was predictable because of its ambiguity.