Back To The Future being re-released to cinemas

Jay

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day someone never pulls out their phone in a movie theater is the day the world ends. Don't blame the staff for assholes. Ushers have better things to do than check movie theaters, they're too busy getting paid minimum wage to be janitors.

what a lazy, lousy excuse. Sounds like you have a poor work ethic. You'd be fired quickly at my local theatre.

Saw it last night. Was a fun time! An AMC employee asked a bunch of trivia questions before it started, and the prize was a free pass to see GHOSTBUSTERS at the same theater this Thursday night.

Then we got trailers... Tron Legacy (confusing), MegaMind (eh...), and Narnia 3 (SWEET)

The print itself looked great! It wasn't out of frame at all like some others have posted - however, they did not roll the side curtains out of the way enough, so they kinda blocked the very left and very right of the screen a bit. Nothing that ever really mattered much.

After the film they gave out posters to everyone in attendance, thought that was cool

We didn't get any trailers, but that's OK, just meant the movie started earlier. They did ask 3 (dumb) trivia questions beforehand, the main prize of which was the Blu-ray set (or a voucher for said set, it was only a sheet of paper they gave the guy). They handed our posters out as we entered the theater, along with a "Save the clock tower" flyer. Haven't had a chance to inspect either item real close, but cool that we got them free at least.

They're not. I've got hundreds of them! And Jason, it was a digital re-release, so no physical print. The only way it could have been out of frame is if the projector wasn't calibrated properly or if someone accidentally knocked the lens. And if there were scratches, well, then you need to get your eyes checked! :) I actually had someone call on the radio that theater 18 was scratched. "Um, that's not possible, it's a digital projector."

I know it was digital, and i know there would be no scratches. I was referring to earlier posts in the thread where people said it was out of frame. At my theater, everything was exactly centered the entire time, trailers and movie

I guess I should have said "the digital transfer itself looked great"

The day someone never pulls out their phone in a movie theater is the day the world ends. Don't blame the staff for assholes. Ushers have better things to do than check movie theaters, they're too busy getting paid minimum wage to be janitors.

what a lazy, lousy excuse. Sounds like you have a poor work ethic. You'd be fired quickly at my local theatre.

It's not an excuse. We're always unbelievably understaffed, that there's literally no one to go check theaters. 18 theaters of people's crap is a lot to clean up, and I'm sure you wouldn't be so thrilled when you find things like entire rows filled with pistachio shells or piles of chicken bones on the floor or fish bones in the cup holders or used diapers. Yes, all of those have happened.

We watched the DVD in the comfort of our own living room.....and loved every minute of it.....again! :)

"Let's see if you b******* can do 90!!" :fouetaa: