Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Mark Griskey)

Pieter Boelen

Assault on kamino starts with similar strings as 'Ambush on coruscant' from the OST which is obi-wan's arrival to kamino.

The mystery motif if not that.

Unless there is a Kamino motif, and a Kamino mistery motif.

Oh, i think it have mistaken it with the sepparatist motif.

anyway, the motif used in TFU2 is still kamino music, tracked in other parts of the movie. I think.

The motif used on the TFU2 tracks is what I would call the Mystery motif from Episode II. This theme not only underscores Obi Wan's search for the assassin and the mystery related to that but also Anakin's search for his mother. It is used on Kamino and on Tatooine (the above mentioned track 8 the Meadow Picnic(2:40-3:21), track 10 Return to Tatooine (1:24-3:11), track 11 The Tusken Camp and The Homestead (3:12-3:24)). But yes it relates to Kamino as the part of the mystery. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't catch that but now you mention it, the beginning of Assault on Kamino does use the Mystery motif (I remember it most prominently in Return to Tatooine because that was the main menu of the Revenge of the Sith game)

I think Griskey used it because the boldest rendition of the mystery motif is when obi wan arrives to kamino then.

EDIT: uh, incanus, is AOTC OST T1: 1:52-1:58 the mistery motif and then 2:20-2:30 the mistery motif in strings with the kamino motif in brass, and then a winds solo version of the mistery motif?

the two are so intertwined in that cue that i have difficulty seeing them as two sepparate entities...

Anyways...the kamino motif appears in the last seconds of the last track from TFU2.

:)