Warner Brothers to reboot Batman franchise after "The Dark Knight Rises"

Jay

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I just hope we wont have to sit through Batman orogin story again. I mean it was touched upon in Batman (1989) then we saw it fully in Batman Begins, I'm sure Gotham will be showing it in some way. The new film should just take that story as read and move on.

Because Superman hasn't earned his "The" yet. It will be the unfolding storyline spreading across twelve movies and 3 TV series.

Karol

Since this Batman is part of their official "DC Cinematic Universe" that they're fashioning, he will, of course, have his own series of films to coincide with it.

Of course there are gonna be new Batmam films!

Well, yes, but there is nothing terribly new that can be done. It's not a situation like a few years ago, when there was actual need to bring Batman into a new generation, and for once make it a "serious" film.

It will be as lukewarm a film as the Amazing Spider-Man reboots.

Of course there are gonna be new Batmam films!

Well, yes, but there is nothing terribly new that can be done. It's not a situation like a few years ago, when there was actual need to bring Batman into a new generation, and for once make it a "serious" film.

It will be as lukewarm a film as the Amazing Spider-Man reboots.

Clearly you're not a big Batman fan.

There's plenty to be done with the character. I'm still waiting for a film that's a straight up thriller/detective story where Bats is investigating a crime, like the world's greatest detective should be. We got a little of that in the Nolan films, but while he did a better job than the 90s films of capturing the character, still missed his biggest skill.

It would be nice if this Batman were along the lines of his 1990s animated counterpart, detective-wise. Maybe we'll get some of that in Batman v. Superman or more likely the solo Batman film in 2019.