Monstrous Movie Music

ST-321

I see that Monstrous Movie Music is offering scores from some classic SciFi movies like It! The Terror From Beyond Space, This Island Earth and more. I see that you can pay via PayPal, but they also suggest that you can email your credit card info to them. Even splitting info into separate emails that sounds crazy to me.

Has anybody ordered from them?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered direct from Monstrous Movie Music a few times and have never had any problems whatsoever. Once I rang them up and gave my credit card details to Kathleen Mayne over the phone, on other occasions I have ordered using Paypal. I have always received the CDs promptly despite being the other side of the pond.

By the way, David Schecter and his wife Kathleen seem like great folks. I wrote them a letter once years ago with a few suggestions of scores to record and received a very nice letter back from Mr. Schecter. I have most of the Monstrous Movie Music CDs and all of them are quite wonderful. I guess the suggestion to split the information into separate e-mails makes good sense from a security point of view, assuming one cannot use Paypal for whatever reason.

• 10 months later...

I love old 50's scifi, but I like good 50's scifi and Rocketship XM and It The Terror from Beyond are not very good or interesting to me. I'd much rather have This Island Earth, (which Big Bang Theory should spoof), and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Also anything from Monolith Monsters.

How come nobody is talking about MMM's release of Rocketship X-M ? Am I the only one that enjoys vintage 50s SF scores around here?

Au contraire, ST-321. I intend to pick up Rocketship X-M as I am very curious to hear it, being familiar only with Ferde Grofe's atmospheric and tuneful Grand Canyon and Mississippi suites. It's a shame in some ways that the good folks at Monstrous Movie Music cannot record all this great music anew with the benefits of modern digital technology (as they did with their first few releases), but I guess the costs of doing so are prohibitive for what is, after all, a very niche market.

There are still several scores I would love them to tackle, Mort Glickman's Invaders From Mars being somewhere near the top of the list. That weird choral music for the alien abductions is some scary shit.

• 8 months later...

Surprised this thread hasn't gotten more notice, especially since there are actually several new releases.

Their four newest titles are:

The Last Man On Earth

The Brain From Planet Arous/Teenage Monster

Destination Moon

Missile To The Moon

I may be interested in The Last Man On Earth, myself.

They also have released since the last post a 2 CD set which has both Kronos and Cosmic Man.

Here is their official site again to order, but apparently you can buy most if not all of their titles from Screen Archives, too.

http://www.mmmrecordings.com/

I honestly wish they would do another Mighty Joe Young release. I remember their release left off a lot of good stuff. But I love their This Island Earth release! :)

Btw, their site has some really interesting bonus items and essays, including this one about the process of some of their reconstructions and what they have to deal with.

http://www.mmmrecordings.com/Bonus_Stuff_/Reconstructions/reconstructions.html

Surprised this thread hasn't gotten more notice, especially since there are actually several new releases.

Agreed. Of the new ones, I only picked up Destination Moon. It is a great score, with wonderful liner notes. I am enjoying it very much.