John Williams Composer Blog

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Muy bueno!! Sólo he echado en falta algún comentario sobre Kevin Kaska que también ha colaborado con Williams un par de veces ;)

Como curiosidad: Por lo que tengo entendido, Herb Spencer estudió orquestación con Arnold Schoenberg! Debía ser una persona con una cultura musical increible!

Enhorabuena por el blog, hay comentarios tremendamente preparados y muy interesantes!

----------------------------

Wow! Really great! I only have missed a little comentary abour Kevin Kaska who has also worked with williams a few times ;)

Curious fact: For what I know, Herb Spencer Studied orchestration with Arnold Schoenberg! He has to be a person with a huge musical culture!

Congratulations for the blog, there are posts reaaaly good prepared and very interesting!

Patrick Hollenbeck as contributed on several works in the late 80's.

Eddie Karam has been a regular collaborator during Williams tenure with the Boston Pops. He was commissioned by Williams several arrangements for the orchestra.

Nevertheless, I should say that I don't agree that the change on the so called "Williams sound" as anything to do with the orchestrators who have worked for him. His current sound can be traced from as early as the mid 80's. Also, it has been well established by some of this men that they do little more than copy from Williams own compressed sketch to a full fledged score. They have little to no creative input, as they have stated, since Williams sketches are very much the final thing.

Also, are you sure that's Arthur Morton? I'm pretty sure that is a picture of composer George Duning -- for whom Williams worked as pianist in the late 50's.

Nevertheless, I should say that I don't agree that the change on the so called "Williams sound" as anything to do with the orchestrators who have worked for him. His current sound can be traced from as early as the mid 80's.

Exaclty, and the fact that the period of most orchestrators ovelap and go back and forth.

Patrick Hollenbeck as contributed on several works in the late 80's.

Eddie Karam has been a regular collaborator during Williams tenure with the Boston Pops. He was commissioned by Williams several arrangements for the orchestra.

Nevertheless, I should say that I don't agree that the change on the so called "Williams sound" as anything to do with the orchestrators who have worked for him. His current sound can be traced from as early as the mid 80's. Also, it has been well established by some of this men that they do little more than copy from Williams own compressed sketch to a full fledged score. They have little to no creative input, as they have stated, since Williams sketches are very much the final thing.

Also, are you sure that's Arthur Morton? I'm pretty sure that is a picture of composer George Duning -- for whom Williams worked as pianist in the late 50's.

I apologize. The photograph was of George Duning. I have reviewed the article. Now it appears Patrick Hollenbeck. The picture was removed.

Thank you very much.

Orquestadores. A la sombra del maestro (Revisado)

Thanks to Miguel Andrade!

Damn. Here's me thinking John Williams had just started his own blog. :unsure:

We had our very own 'imposter' John Wiliams blog here on JWFAN years back.

I remember writing some entrys,with a 'melancholy blogging williams' approach.

Perhaps it's still in the archives somewhere?